Chapter 1: Serenity

^Serenity^

Cassandra brushed my hair softly as she hummed. My eyes fluttering close in comfort. "You know..." She began. "I'm sure Damien and Aofie want to be with you." I bit my lip nervously. While I wanted Aofie to love me, it did not seem like that would ever happen. Damien, on the other hand, was overbearing, his height and size alone scared me. "I-I know. I'm scared. Honestly, you see how Aofie has been towards me, how do I know Damien won't be the same?" I asked quietly pulling my knees into my chest. " If it makes you feel any better, I can tell that Damien does care for you significantly." Cassandra went back to humming as she continued brushing my hair stopping only briefly to rub her swollen belly.

///2 days later///

My human friend Nate sat across from me rubbing my feet as we watched tv. "How come we haven't slept together yet?" He asks out of the blue. I freeze my eyes turning to his slowly. Nate had been the male I met some time ago when I became fed up with Aofies behavior, while we never slept together we did do other things. In all honesty, I did not want to go any further with Nate, he wasn't my mate it wouldn't be right. I rubbed my hands together removing my legs from his lap.

My eyes trailed over Nate he was exceptionally good looking with blonde hair and blue eyes, a strong jaw, and a toned body. But he just wasn't enough, he didn't make my body shiver in anticipation, not to mention the lack of sparks that I craved so badly. "It's too soon." I started with a frown. "Too soon? We've been together for two months! You won't even let me go further than touching you!" Nate stood up abruptly throwing his hands in the air. "I told you, I've had past traumas that prevent me from wanting to go further at the moment. You told me you understood!" I lied standing up as well. Nate scoffed running his hands through his blonde locks. "I find that hard to believe." Nate turned to me stalking towards me. I stepped back as he approached closer. My back hit the wall and Nate presses his hands on either side of my head.

"you weren't saying that the other night when you had my face pressed between your legs." Nate blew into my ear sending waves of disgust through my body. "See? Even now you crave me." Nate's hand slid down my chest cupping my sex over my dress. I whimpered pushing my body further into the wall. A knock on my front door broke the silence and I let out a quiet sigh of relief. Nate turned his attention to the door moving away from me. I made a beeline toward the door thankful that I had a visitor. Swinging the door open I came face to face with two walls, more like two angry mates.

Damien and Aofie stood side by side, their large arms folded over their chests. I glanced up at Damien, his bright green eyes zeroed in on me. The last time I had seen him he was clean-shaven and his hair short, now he had an impressive beard growing in, and his hair was longer on the top with an undercut. Aofie has his signature long black hair tied into a man bun, his beautiful brown eyes swimming with turmoil.

"Damien...Aofie? What are you doing here?" I asked looking between the two in confusion. Arms slipped around my waist and my back was pulled into a chest. "Can we help you?" Nate pressed, his arm squeezing a little too tight around my waste. Aofie and Damien shared a look with a smirk making its way onto their succulent lips. "Who is your friend?" Aofie asked his voice eerily calm. "Boyfriend." Nate corrected. "Who the hell are you?" Nate clamored looking between my mates. "Her..." Aofie looked at Damien for an answer. "Her husband and lover." Damien finished with a smirk on his face. "You're married?" Nate spit in disgust. "No. They're, friends from another state." I corrected glaring at the smug-looking men in front of me.

"Look, can you come back later. We were just in the middle of a discussion." Nate tried to reason. "We had our own discussion we needed to have with Serenity," Aofie growled taking a step forward. "Nate, go. I'll call you later." Nate glanced at me his brow furrowing before releasing me and shoving past my men. I went to close the door in their faces, but before I could Damien shoved the door open stalking in with Aofie hot on his heels.

"What are you doing here?" I sighed taking a seat on my couch. Aofie and Damien remained tensed as the sniffed the room. "It reeks of that human in here," Damien growled. "We are here because we need our mate." Aofie grumbled his eyes never leaving mine. "Oh? You want a mate now? I didn't think you did with the way you ignored me before." I growled out my body tensing under his watch. Aofies shoulders relaxed as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I was wrong. I was trying to protect you, and the pack." Aofies eyes softened as he ran them up and down my body. Taking a whiff of the air I noticed his scent had changed. "Since when were you an alpha?" I asked baffled. " I've always been an alpha. For years I had been taking suppressants. My family was very strong, and some packs held grudges against them. As far as they knew they only had one son, my other brother Kai which they killed when they raided my previous pack. My mother had escaped with me but was killed shortly after she had hidden me in a tree on blood moon pack lands." Aofie went on to tell me how he had grown up in this pack, and how very few knew of his true status. Cassandra, the twins, and the previous alpha knew Aofie was an alpha.

"That still doesn't excuse the way you treated me." I growled crossing my arms over my chest. "I know and I am sorry." Aofie bowed his head in shame. "Serenity, baby please come back with us." Damien pleases taking a seat on the sofa next to me. I Scottie away from him, his height intimidated me and I didn't like it. Looking between the two large males in my cabin I shook my head.

"No, now get out of my cabin."