Chapter 10: Serenity

The next morning I woke up squished between my mates. Our legs were tangled under the blanket and they each had a protective arm wrapped around me. Aofie's head lay on my chest with his arm wrapped around my waist, and Damien lay next to me one arm under my head the other gripping my thigh and his nose pressed into the crook of my neck. I sighed in contentment at my mate's touch, that spark dancing over all of my senses. Deciding that I could not lay in bed any longer I wiggled from under Aofie and Damien. Damien's hand only squeezed tighter on my thigh, while Aofie sunk down and rubbed his face into my bare stomach. Grabbing Damien's arm I remove it from across my chest and pushed Aofie's head off of my stomach. Finally free of their grasp I climb over them and out of bed and make a beeline to the bathroom, I really had to go!

"Baby?" Damien's deep voice called from the bedroom. After finishing up with my business I decided to take a shower. Aofie had spoken with the twins last night about meeting up for breakfast and we did not have to meet them until ten o'clock. "In here!" I called as I pulled off my clothes pulling my t-shirt over my head and my shorts down my legs. The door swung open revealing a sleepy-looking Damien in a pair of pajama pants that hung low on his hips. I licked my lips, my mind wandering to where that happy trail of hair led to. His eyes drank me in hungrily as his hand tightened on the door frame.

"What are you doing?" He asked his voice dripping with lust as his eyes raked my body. I raised an eyebrow feigning confusion. "About to take a shower?" I answered. "Would you like some company?" He smirked walking further into the bathroom his hands gripping my waist Sending sparks across my skin. "I'm good." I smile sweetly up at him. "You are playing in dangerous waters, baby." He rasped one hand moving down and grabbing my ass cheek. "It doesn't seem like it to me." I gasp his at his touch overloading my senses. Damien pulled me into him my breast pressing against his chest, the friction from his skin on mine making my nipples harden. "Your body does not seem to think so," Damien smirked placing open kisses along my neck. I sighed in content as his hands ran down my body each hand stopping and grabbing my cheeks.

He licked up my neck hungrily running his teeth across my clavicle causing a moan to leave my lips. Releasing me Damien stepped back, the noticeable bulge calling out to me from between his legs. "Go get ready we have to meet the twins and Cassandra in an hour." Damien smacked my ass before turning and shutting the door behind him as he walked out. That asshole!

After a cold shower, I stood in front of the mirror brushing out my hair, it was starting to grow again. It sat just below my chin in loose waves with streaks of white starting to appear in it. I was changing again, I hated this. My hair was the most noticeable thing on me to consistently change, typically my hair was silver. My changes are what I like to call my altercations, typically it is when my body decides to make some sort of change to my appearance, which was always my hair. It was starting to turn white again, not that it was a big deal but I liked my silver.

After getting dressed my mates and I walked downstairs, I held Aofie's hand while Damien's hand was on the small of my back. We walked into the kitchen to find the twins seated on either side of Cassandra each taking their turn feeding her. Cassandra glanced over at us, her eyes looking at Aofie's and my conjoined hands, slight approval sparkled in her eye. I still felt a bit awkward around her, the last things we said to each other were not exactly pleasant.

"Good morning!" Damien chirped as we walked further into the kitchen. Damien sat to my left while Aofie sat to my right. Food lay across the table with just about every breakfast food you could think of. "Was the room alright?" Josiah asked turning his attention to us. I nodded as I loaded food onto my plate. Hands crept onto my thigh and I stiffened looking down to see both of their hands softly gripping my thighs. "I am trying to eat." I mumbled stuffing food into my mouth. Damien chuckled leaning closer towards my ear. "I wanted to eat something this morning too." he bit softly onto my ear before leaning back and eating a piece of ham.

"You three seem chipper this morning." Jeremiah teased. " They also smell funny." Josiah wrinkled his nose and chuckled. I looked up at him and glared. "Boys." Cassandra said sternly with a smirk. She looked at me and giggled, I guess her pregnancy hormones are lightening up. We ate in silence as Aofie and Damien continued to tease me under the table, their hands never going further up to the hem of my shorts. Finishing breakfast I stand from my seat moving to go clean up. "Serenity can we talk?" Cassandra wobbled over to me an apologetic look on her face. "Yeah..." I followed her out of the dining room and down the hall. She stopped in front of a door and pushed it open revealing an office. Walking inside she took a seat on the couch sighing once she was off of her feet.

"I am sorry about the way I talked to you the other day. I get protective, and Aofie told me about his past and I thought you were being inse-" I quickly cut her off with my own apology. "You don't have to be sorry. As a luna, you were protecting a pack member. I am the one who should be sorry. I did not know of his past and what went on at that time. My wolf was angry that another female was getting so close to her mate. I truly am sorry Cass. You're my best friend and you were only looking out for him." I smiled sadly at her. She was right. I was being insensitive. I did not want to admit it, but I am glad she said something. If she didn't I do not think that I would be how I currently am with my mate.

"I love you." Cassandra laughed pulling me in for a hug. "I love you too." I giggled returning it. "So he told you about Jennifer?" Cassandra asked leaning back. I nodded slowly. "I can't believe he went through that. I wish I would have known..." I gazed down at my hands sadly. "He never told anyone. Only the twins and Damien knew before me." Cassandra sighed rubbing her stomach in slow circles. "I'm glad you know now. That's what's most important." Cassandra smiled at me warmly.