Chapter 15: Aofie

Serenity's scent swirled towards me braking my daze and pulling my eyes to hers. Her face was set in a hard expression and her hands clutched to her sides, something was wrong. Her friend was following close behind her his posture tense as he walked. Pushing off of the wall I strode over to her, my hands grip her arms and pull her into my chest.

"I can feel your emotions, what is wrong?" I ask quickly searching her eyes for an answer. Her body instantly relaxes at my touch as her hands run up my chest and around my neck. Our lips meet and she kisses me hungrily before releasing my lips.

"You are mine, Damien is mine. Don't ever forget that." She growls as she bits my neck only briefly before releasing me.

"Hey, hi, you've got an audience?" Cassandra grimaces.

"It's not like you haven't done the same to your mates." Damien chuckles as she repeats her declaration to him with a quick bit as well. I share a quick look with Damien who looked just as confused as I was.

"Sorry for taking up your mate's time, Alpha. It has been a long time since I've seen her and I wanted to confirm the information with I have regarding a problem with her." Yusuke explained. I nodded keeping my face set in stone.

"The elders will see you now." A small older woman stood at the side of the open chamber doors. The twins entered first with Cassandra pressed between them protectively. Serenity took her place between Damien and I as we followed behind them, Yusuke entered after us helping the woman close the doors in the process.

We walked down the aisle and filed into the front row of seats in front of the Elders bench. My eyes zeroed in on Jennifer who stood to the left of the bench and Yusuke took his place to the right. We all bowed in respect before taking a seat. The elders looked us over their eyes antagonizing, sending silent threats of harm.

"We have called upon you, The Stone Alpha's, to discuss the future of your mate and pups." Elder Rosanna began.

"There is a prophecy that speaks of the queen of all wolfs, a Lycan. However, due to the more than likely chances of chaos within the shifter world the female and her mates are ALWAYS killed without a second thought. We believe that this may be the case today. Jeremiah, Josiah, and Cassandra Stone you are hereby sentenced to death." Elder Rosanna smirked.

"Hold on a second!" I bellow.

"Have you discussed with them if they even want that burden?" I demand slamming my fist on the pew in front of me. Serenity's hand slips onto my waist and my body relaxes ever so slightly.

"What is there to discuss? If word gets out chaos would ensue." Elder Richmond scoffed. I rolled my eyes. These old fucks have had the last say for far too long.

'We need to leave...' I link everyone. The air surrounding us grows thick with tension.

"There is no other option! We, the ELDER COUNCIL, forbid any other decision." Elder Rosanna bellows her face tinting red in the process.

"I don't even want to rule over anyone!" Cassandra bellowed her voice shaking the room as she stood from her seat. "I've told you multiple times! I want to live a quiet life with my mates!" The Elders watched her their faces stone-cold in anger with a hint of fear.

"We cannot risk it!" Elder Richmond states in a tense tone. I watched as Cassandra shook with anger.

"Take me home." Her voice was small and frustrated.

"You are not allowed to go, you must face your fates here." Elder Rosanna spoke with authority.

I had our bags packed this morning and loaded up on the plane, I had a feeling this would happen. Grab Serenity and be ready to run. Josiah's voice came clear into my head. With pleasure. I growl back itching to get away from Jennifer.

Without warning, Josiah picked up Cassandra and made a dash for the door, by this time Yusuke had made it to the chamber doors and had them open for us to escape. Serenity was thrown over my shoulder with Damien following close behind as we darted out of the chambers at full speed.

"AFTER THEM!" Elder Richmond howled out alerting the local guards. "Don't look back. Jennifer is close behind us. I'll-" I growled looking back to see she was in fact very close. "I've got this!" Serenity wiggled in my grasp as she pulled out a small bottle with black liquid. She stretches her arm back as far as it can go before flinging her arm forward and releasing the bottle in Jennifer's direction. The bottle explodes covering the area with black smoke, we keep pushing forward as we come to the vans we had waiting for us.

Yusuke runs around our van Jumping in and starting as Jeremiah does for the other. We all file into our vans closing the doors and speeding off away from the building.

"Everyone good?" I ask running my hands over serenity looking for any sign of injury. "I'm fine." She confirms. How's Cassandra? I link the twins. Fine, but we need to get back to our pack lands. She can pop any second and we need to make sure she won't be in any type of danger while she's giving birth. I tap the driver's seat getting Yusuke's attention.

"Thanks for helping us." I give him a weak smile. He watches me for a second before smiling himself.

"No problem. I don't know if Serenity told you, but I'm on your side. For years the Elder council has been ruling overpacks and killing off packs that did not obey them. They killed my parents when I was an infant. Thankfully one of my uncles was able to relocate me long enough for them to forget about me." Yusuke explained. Taking a close look I noticed our similar features, the same strong facial structures, height, the only difference being our hair and eye color.

"Wait..." I started as the realization dawned on me.

"Hey, brother." He smirked keeping his eyes on the road.