Chapter 11

Damien

After their girl talk, Serenity and Cassandra were once again joined by the hip. They had come back hand in hand and smiles stretched across their faces. 

Currently, we were seated in the council office waiting for the elders to arrive. I couldn't say that I wasn't nervous because honestly? I was. Not every wolf was able to meet council members, and those who have don't leave alive.

I glanced over at the twins, they had Cassandra squished between them each holding her hand.

Are you nervous? I linked them. I waited patiently for a response before Jeremiah finally spoke. Very. I don't like having my pregnant mate here and trying to figure out what is going on. I nodded understanding his feelings.

I didn't want to be here knowing that there was a chance that we would encounter Jennifer. For both Aofie and Serenity's sake, I hope we are not here long enough to find out if she is.

The large wooden doors opened with a creak as a hooded figure walked into the chambers. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that Aofie had become tense. You've got to be kidding me. Followed by the figure were the elders, each looking ageless. You wouldn't be able to tell that they were over a hundred years old. We all rose out of respect and bowed at the elders as they took a seat behind the large oak table in the center of the room. In total there were five elders; Elder Rosanna, Elder Harrison, Elder Roman, Elder Hashimoto, Elder Richmond, and Elder Rodriguez. 

"You may be seated." Elder Romans' voice was loud and stern as his eyes zeroed in on The twins and Cassandra. My eyes drifted over to the hooded figure; they stood like stone, their body barely moving. Perfectly manicured hands moved from under the cloak the hood sliding down as they revealed their face. I held back the growl that threatened to rip from my throat. Jennifer stood to the side of the Elders; she must have been added as their protector. She had a smug smirk on her face as her eyes never left Aofie. 

Aofie

Serenity's hand gripped mine as she realized what was going on. Is that her?  Her voice echoed in my mind. I looked down at her shocked. How are you doing this? I thought we had to complete the mate bond in order to mind-link?  Serenity squeezed my hand again. My mother taught me some spells before we left. I nodded quickly turning my attention back to Jennifer. She looked...different. What used to be her long red hair, is now cut to just above her shoulders and dyed platinum blonde. She looked so different, but her scent was still the same. Our eyes locked and my pulse quickened. Her eyes sparkled as she watched me, her eyes flicking briefly to where Serenity held my hand. Her eyes flashed in anger, yet her face stayed neutral. 

"We have summoned you here to see what exactly is going on. Sources from the pack you destroyed have reported your half-transformation to us. What do you plead?" Elder Richmond spoke up. 

Cassandra stood up holding her belly and with the help of her mates, her head held high as she answered the Elders. "I was kidnapped from my mates by an insane alpha. He pumped me full of wolfsbane and kept me locked in a cell. After coming close to death the Moon goddess came to me in a vision and told me of powers I may have. I shifted into a Lycan shortly after I was retrieved from my cell and almost poisoned and stripped of my mate's marks by a witch. As I have stated before, I would like to live quietly with my mates and pack. I have no desire to rule over anyone." Cassandra's voice was hard and even, she was an alpha to the bone there was no denying it. 

The Elders shared concerned looks their eyes glazing over as they mind-linked each other. "You shifted into a Lycan?" Elder Rosanna confirmed. "Yes, Elder." Cassandra answered. "My dear...we will have to discuss this further. You will remain here until further notice. We must consult among ourselves and figure out what would be the best course of action." Elder Rosanna finished standing up and leading the rest of the Elders out of the room. 

The heavy doors shut with a click and we all let out heavy sighs. "I swear if I have to sit in a room with them again I might lose it." Damien groaned standing up and running his hands through his hair. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, for the moment I had forgotten about her in the room. Serenity's hand never left mine as she continued tracing circles on the back of my hand with her thumb. 

"It's lovely to see you again, Aofie." Jennifer's voice broke me out of my trance. "So this is where you've been hiding?" Damien asked as he walked forward his glare never leaving her. "Damien..." She huffed rolling her eyes. "And the mighty Twin alpha's, I would say it's nice to see you...but it's not." She gave them a hard look before turning her attention back to me. 

"You look so much better than the last time I saw you, baby." She purred shoving past Damien and walking over to me swaying her hips a little too much. "Who the fuck are you calling baby?!" Serenity growled stepping in front of me. She may be on the shorter side, but she lacked in height she made up for in personality. "What is this? Ah..." Jennifer chuckled. 

"You're an Oracle...A mateless wolf." Jennifer threw her head back in a hearty laugh. "Come now, baby, I've missed you so much. I wasn't expecting to see you here with...this." A growl found it's way out of my throat. "Do not speak about my mate!" My alpha tone came out hard and demanding. Jennifer's eyes glazed over as she watched me. "An alpha, my my my...I always knew you were a dominant one." She licked her lips as her eyes raked up and down my body. 

"Listen here, bitch!" Serenity stepped forward. Power rushed off of her skin as she marched towards Jennifer. "Keep your slimy hands off of MY MATE! I will NOT hesitate to end you!" Serenity bellowed. 

"Oh darling, he's been mine since I laid my eyes on him." Jennifer smirked as she bumped past Serenity and strutted over to me. I tense my eyes never leaving her as I let out a warning growl. "I'll see you later, baby." Jennifer grinned letting her hand trail over my shoulder before leaving the chambers and shutting the door with a bang.