Chapter 6: Aofie

"You can't just storm in demanding your mate and expecting her to come with you." Cassandra scolded poking me in my chest. "I can. And I am. I need her with me, otherwise, I do not know if I will be able to keep my cool. " I stated calmly despite the raging inferno in my mind. I wanted to give Serenity time, but at the moment she was not making it easy. "I apologize for him." Damien began. "Our mate is so close yet she refuses us. It has been hard, on both of us. As I have waited for my mate all my life, and Aofie is finally accepting his, we are very interested in getting our mate." He finished stepping in front of me. I nodded slowly behind him. "You will have to talk to Serenity yourself. We can not make that decision for her." I nodded turning and stalking out of their office. I let my nose lead me to where she was hiding, in the kitchen.

"Ser-" I stopped standing in the kitchen watching as she spoke with Elaine. "I do not know Elaine. I want to give them a chance...but I am so scared. What if hey hurt me? What if they realize they want someone better." Serenity spoke with fear in her voice. My wolf whined at the pain our mate was going through. Walking further into the kitchen I wrap my arms slowly around her body pulling her flush against my chest. "You are the only one we want." I whispered into her neck pissing her shoulder softly. Serenity relaxed in my arms the tension leaving her body. "Yeah, why else would we wait so long to be with you?" Damien added as he walked in behind me. "Hey, Ma." He smiled giving his mother a quick hug. "These boys obviously care deeply for you. Cherish them." Elaine added before excusing herself from the room.

"Are you sure you are fine with me?" Serenity asked looking up at us with tears in her eyes. "Of course sweetheart. You are everything we could have asked for." Damien smiled pressing a kiss to her forehead. Serenity relaxed in or arms, for the first time I felt even slightly safe. "We do need to have a discussion," I stated simply. "Discussion about what?" Serenity asked peering up at me. "We'll have to--" I was cut off by Cassandra waddling into the kitchen. "My mates are calling a meeting and you three need to be there." She deadpanned grabbing a bag of cookies and waddling back out.

Seated in the twins' office, I had pulled Serenity into my side with Damien seated on her other side. "Thank you all for coming." Josiah began looking around the room. Beta Bryan and his mate Lily were here along with Damien, Serenity and myself. Cassandra was seated on Jeremiah's lap with Josiah next to them. "We have been informed that we must travel to Italy next week. It turns out that the head counsel found out about us being twins and sharing the same mate and would like to see us. " Jeremiah continued. "Okay...what does that have to do with us?" Damien questioned crossing his arms over his chest. "Serenity, Damien, and Aofie. You three are coming with us. We need another Alpha, one which we trust, to go along with us and make sure that everything goes smoothly. Bryan and Lily, I need you two to step in as temporary Alpha and Luna of the pack." Josiah added. I glanced over at Bryan with a smirk he puffed in the chest out in pride. "Seeing as how we do not trust many packs in this area we need to make sure our defenses are kept strong, and it is not to be leaked that we are heading to another country." Jeremiah spoke sternly.

My blood ran cold at the thought of leaving the states. She was banned from the U.S. and last I heard has been traveling. I can only pray to goddess that she is not there. "Aofie, Serenity, and Damien. I am taking you along because as an oracle if you have a vision and it pertains to how things may end up we need to know. Also, I'm pretty sure your mates won't want to let you out o their sight." Serenity sunk into me in embarrassment her skin heating against mine. "What about Cassandra? She's pregnant. This can't be a good idea to travel and she has not even had her pups yet." Serenity asked concern laced in her tone. "Do not worry about me Ser. I still have a couple of months to go. As much as I want these little shits out now, I doubt they will make an appearance anytime soon." Cassandra growled at her stomach, clearly annoyed at being pregnant with twins. "Okay, that settles everything. Aofie I'll leave you to decide what will happen with your pack." Josiah sighed standing up from his seat. "Actually, if it would be alright with you I would like for my beta Ashton, and the rest of my pack stay here until we return." I added standing up from my seat. "Bryan, you do not mind Ashton being your beta while we are gone?" Jeremiah asked glancing over at his beta. "No problem with me." Bryan replied with a toothy grin.

After leaving the twins' office I set out to make phone calls and arrangements for the upcoming week. Thankfully Ashton was fine with merging the packs and being second in command to Bryan. Similar to me, Ashton has alpha blood. However, since he has yet to meet his mate he has not shown any signs of being an alpha yet. I watched Serenity from the corner of my eye, I needed to tell her soon. I NEED to tell her before we leave for Italy, I can't have her messing up my life again.