Chapter 3: Aofie

^^Aofie^^
~~~25 years ago~~~

The woman panted her breath coming in short and sharp her lungs burning with the forced exertion. She had to keep running, she couldn't stop...not now, not while danger was n. Dodging through trees she glanced back seeing the two wolves chasing her. They bared their teeth at her threatening her with death. She pumped her legs harder, the bundle in her arms pressed closer into her chest as she ran. The woman bobbed and weaved past beaches stumps, branches cutting her delicate skin in the process.

She dipped past branch and scrambled quietly in the opposite direction in which the wolves were running. Stalking over to a riverbank she grabbed hand fulls of mud and rubbed them across her skin and the infants that lay in her arm. The mud would mask their scent and allow her to escape, at least she hoped. Standing up she turned and followed the river bank north, she hoped she would come across a pack.

As the woman walked her mind drifted back to the previous events of the night. She left her mates alone to defend their pack, as they fought she felt the pain of every bite and cut. Her wolf was furious, the red river pack was so jealous of her mates that they decided to attack their pack and take it for their own. Her name was Yuma, the Luna to the Winter Green pack and mates of Linus and Mason Yang. She was a courageous woman that stood next to her mates with pride, never allowing a wolf to disrespect her or her mates. Yuma began to weaken, her body screaming in pain at the death of her mates. Their connections snapped, the last thing ringing through her mind were the words from both of her mates. 'I love you.' Yuma continued on, pushing her body past its limits. She vowed that if she were to do anything in her last moments, she would ensure her pups' safety.

Yuma passed into lands of the Blood Moon pack. She could only hope for kindness from the ruthless alpha. Yuma continued on through the woods, her breath coming in short and her legs aching. Coming to a stop at the tree line surrounding the packhouse, she dropped to her knees with tears streaming down her face. She made it.

"Who are you and how did you make it this far into my land?" The alpha's voice boomed as he strode toward the weakened female. He stopped in his tracks his mate beside him. "P-please..." Yuma pleaded her hand resting on the baby pressed against her chest. Alpha stone of the blood moon pack looked down, the baby begins to cry at the loss of his mother's arms. "What brings you to my land?!" He seethed grabbing the woman by her arm losing her from the ground. "The Black Forest pack attacked my mates and I...they wanted our land, and my mates died protecting me and our only pup." Yuma rushed out feeling the life slowly beginning to leave her body.

The Luna picked up the baby rocking him softly in her arms, a small smile gracing her lips as she looked down at the pup. "Dear...she's not going to live long if we don't do something!" The Alphas mate rushed pleading with her mate. The Alpha seethed at his mate glaring at her but softening, his mate was known for her kindness and often was able to calm the beast the resided in him. "Get her to the pack doctor, and get her wounds attended to." The alpha bellowed at his pack picking up the woman and sprinting off in the direction of the pack clinic.

~~25 Years Later~~

Aofie

My mind buzzed with questions. After my visit to Serenity, I have not been the same. It disgusted me that a human males scent was all over her. I sighed leaning back in my chair and running my hands through my hair. "Alpha, you have a phone call from warrior Damien." My secretary buzzed through the intercom. "Alright, transfer him over." I sighed picking up the phone. "What?" I asked my tone sharp. "Whoa, sounds like you woke up on the bad side of the bed." Damien chuckled through the line.

"I am sorry. I have not gotten any sleep since I left 2 days ago. How are things going?" I asked trying to relax my stiff shoulders. "Not well, I was able to get her alone, but we had a few problems." Damien began his voice sounding dejected. "What do you mean?" I asked leaning forward giving him my full attention.

"Apparently she's getting pretty serious with that human-"He started disgust laced in his tone. "And?" I pressed. "She will not leave him for us." I slammed my fist onto my desk the wood splintering under it. "What the F*ck do you mean she is not going to leave him for us?" I bellowed into the phone my anger begging to spike. "Exactly as I said. Trust me I am just as pissed as you are. There has to be something we can do to win her over." Damien growled into the phone. "Did you notice the way her body reacts when we are close to her?" I began, a plan slowly forming in my head. "I do, she can't even hold still. Are you suggesting we win her body before her heart? That may not work." Damien responded with a curious tone. "No, we tempt her. Get close to her, let her body react, but never give her what she wants. I could tell by her smell and the way she acted with that male that he has not satisfied her." I think back to when we last saw her, the way her thighs clenched as we hovered over her in the doorway, the way she licked her plump lips and the way her hands twitched to reach out to us. This should work, it has to.

*A/N*

I am sooo sorry for the lack of updates, My life has been an absolute mess recently and I have had limited time to write. Hopefully, I can get back to uploading more often. Thank you for reading <3