Chapter 8: Damien

Serenity took a seat at the back of the plane. She was surely pissed. All Cassandra was willing to say was that they had a little disagreement. My ass. Serenity looked like she was about to lose her cool, and I could feel her wolf's presence, I could see it in her eyes. I glanced over at a sulking Aofie. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I whispered yelled as we took a seat three rows ahead of our mate. "I was going to tell her...I just could not figure out how. Shit...you know she's been a difficult subject for me recently." Aofie groaned running his hands along his face. "You were supposed to tell her about it before we left. That was the deal. Now we're heading into a possible mess with an angry mate." I seethed at him. As much of an Alpha Aofie was, he lacked severely when it came to dealing with his feelings. We glanced back at Serenity the air around her sparking and glowing an angry red. I glanced over at the twins and Cassandra, as usual one of them were touching her in some way. Her gaze met mine and she rolled her eyes turning her attention back to Josiah. After the plane took off and the seat belt lights were off I stood up from my seat taking a quick glance at Serenity, she still looked just as angry.

Walking over I take the empty seat next to Jeremiah. "How is everyone feeling?" I rubbed my hands together looking between the three of them. "Okay." Cassandra said simply sipping on her water. "Do any of you know why Serenity has been so angry this morning? She was fine when I went to get her from her hut this morning." I asked looking between the three. Cassandra looked at her mates a scoffed. "You started this, you finish it." Josiah scolded. Cassandra groaned. "I told her that she's being a bad mate. She keeps complaining about Aofie and how he's become cold again. I am just really tired of hearing it. I do want to see them work things out but that cannot happen if she will not give him a chance." I scoffed. I can tell that Cassandra was someone Aofie trusted, but sometimes I question her reliability. "The only reason she was 'complaining' this morning, was because he failed to tell her about Jenn. As her friend you should be reassuring her, not getting pissed and telling her she's a bad mate. Stop and think about how that looks to her! I am sure in her eyes it looks as though you are making a claim on him!" I ground out. I was getting tired of the way Cassandra was acting recently. I respect her as an Alpha, but right now she is not acting like one. Cassandra raised a brow at me. "Excuse me? How in the world does it sound like I am making a claim on him?" Cassandra pressed. "Serenity's wolf felt threatened, she came to the surface and had you gone near her she probably would have hurt you. Serenity has never shown her wolf, let alone allow her near the surface." I explained in irritation.

"Is this true?" Jeremiah growled at his mate, his tone telling her to submit. "I did not know that was how it looked." She squeaked sinking into her chair. "Baby, you cannot do that. Aofie is her mate, they need to figure things out themselves. As her current Luna you are supposed to show care and compassion towards her. She told you of her past and the things she has endured, she has been hurt before." Josiah scolded. Cassandra whimpered. "Excuse me, I have to check on my mate." I stood up bowing at the twins and making my way back to my seat. Aofie glanced up at me before taking a quick peek back at Serenity. I followed his gaze and saw that her barriers were down and whatever magic she was using had disappeared. Moving down the aisle I take a seat on her left lifting her head and placing it on my shoulder. Aofie took a set to her right pressing himself closer to her, his hand resting on her thigh. My skin prickled with need and sparked at our tough and close proximity, we needed to complete the bond and soon. I am not sure how much longer my wolf will be able to last.

"Damien." A voice called pulling me from my slumber. Opening my eyes, I find the twins looking down at us. "We are here." Josiah stated before turning and walking off. I glanced over at a sleeping Serenity and Aofie. How long have we been out? I stretch out my arms feeling my muscles loosen. Reaching over I tap Aofie, his eyes shooting open. "What?" He asked groggily once he remembered where he was. "We are here. Grab Serenity." Aofie stood up stretching quickly before going to pick up our mate. Slowly he slipped his hand underneath her knees to pick her up, but that was when she decided to wake up.

"Get the hell off of me!" She growled struggling out of his grip. Aofie gripped her chin between his thumb and finger, his tone hard. "Stop, Mate. I need you to behave. We were just getting you off the plane." He explained. I watched her body twitch the scent of her arousal beginning to permeate the air. Serenity growled standing up and shoving past him. I watched her walk down the aisle and out of the plane in a huff. I looked over at him giving him a pointed look. "Try not to get our mate aroused out in public. She is still unmated and I do not want to have to fight off other wolves. As much as I want to tease her and watch her squirm, keep it to a minimum." I groaned palming myself and adjusting to a slightly more comfortable position. "Who's the Alpha here?" He teases as we make our way off of the plane.