Chapter 4: Serenity

*A/N* This chapter is set before Damien and Aofie spoke on the phone, basically a continuation to where chapter 2 left off. *A/N*

I watched the large burly man in front of me, my hand held gently in his as he led me towards his cabin. We walked through woods, a comfortable silence between us before we can upon a medium cabin that was surrounded by flowers, vines, and bushes. I glanced around in awe, amazed by the amount of effort this must have taken to keep up.

"Welcome to my home." Damien smiles back at me, his beautiful lips curling into a bright smile. I couldn't help the blush that heated my skin, thank goddess my skin prevents the blush from showing. "This is beautiful." I spoke with awe as I continued looking around. Lavender bushes surrounded the front of the house, with rose bushes and lilies scattered through out. The cabin was a dark oak, with accenting whites outlining the door and windows. He had a small wrap around porch that had plants sitting in vases, and vines wrapped around the pillars, nature was literally consuming this place in the most beautiful way.

"Wait...you're a warrior and you have been gone for months. How does it stay like this?" I ask as he pulls me through the front door shutting the door behind me. "My mother takes care of it when I am not home." He grinned with a wink. Damien places his hands on my hips pressing me up against the door. My hands fly to his chest pushing back but also pulling him closer. "Why do you run from me, mate?" Damien questions his body pressing closer to mine. I squeeze my thighs together, liquid heat beginning to pool at my center. "I-I...I did not think that I would have two mates."I began his eyes never leaving mine.

Damien takes my answer, nodding his head slowly before releasing me and turning to leave. "Where are you going?" I blurt out my body instantly missing his touch. "To cook dinner." He stated disappearing off into what I assume was the kitchen. Following him into the kitchen I take a seat at the island my eyes never leaving him. Damien grabs a pink frilly apron and puts it on, I snicker at him. "What?" He teases with a glint in his eye.

"Nothing..." I chuckle looking him up and down. Damien sends a pantie melting smile my way before he starts to make dinner. I watch his large shoulders as he cooks, moving gracefully around the kitchen. My mind begins to wander as I let my gaze follow him, loving the sight. Why was I so afraid of him? I mean, Cassandra has two mates and they work just fine...minus the problems they had in the beginning. I've always wanted to meet my mate ever since I was a child. But what about Aofie? He all but rejected me the entire time I've been here. He did not begin to show interest until Damien showed up.

"What are thinking so hard about in that pretty little head of yours?" Damien's voice startled me causing a squeak to leave my lips. "Don't do that!" I groaned punching him in his arm. Damien walks behind me placing his hands on either side of the counter his chest pressing against my back. "You are gorgeous..." He started his nose pressing into the crook of my neck. I shivered in delight as the sparks tingled on my skin. "I've waited for you for such a long time." He continued sliding his nose up and down my neck. I shivered again under the contact, I bit my lips trying to suppress the moan that wanted to leave me.

"The food is done." Damien stepped back his hand lingering on mine. As we ate Damien asked me questions about where I grew up, how my previous pack was, who my parents were. "I've always wanted to meet my mate." I began thinking dreamily about the other wolves I watched who were mated. "So have I." He nodded. "Have you been with any women?" I ask not filtering my words. I slapped a hand over my mouth, regretting the words that left my lips. Damien chuckled. "Would you be surprised if I said I did not?" He asked me seriously. I raised an eyebrow at him in question. "To answer your question, No I have not been with other women. I've been saving myself for my mate." Damien answered honestly. "I find that hard to believe...Look at you! You look like a Greek god, a fantasy for every woman." I exclaimed picking up my fork shoving noodles into my mouth.

Damien let out a hearty laugh throwing his head back. "I am glad to hear that my mate finds me visual appealing. While women have approached me, I have stayed strong in my vow to find my mate." His eyes heated as he watched me, licking his lips as if he was itching to taste me. "What about Aofie? Has he told you anything?" I ask nervously. "He has only been with one female. He thought she was his mate-" I slammed my hands standing up quickly. "WHAT?" I bellowed my wolf pressing to come forward. Damien stood up slowly his hands held in front of him. "Baby, you have to listen-" Damien began but I quickly cut him off. "Don't 'Baby' me! What the f*ck!" I screamed. "Ser, she was before you-" Damien began again taking slow steps towards me.

"He thought she was his mate! You should be able to tell who your mate is!" I growled. "Serenity. We caught you with a male, that was not either of us, in your cabin. I don't think now is the time to be angry." Damien tried to reason by throwing Nate and I's relationship in my face. "Oh no you don't! I never slept with Nate! He wanted to but I couldn't! My body rejected him!" I yelled taking a step forward. Damien looked at me with shock. "You didn't sleep with him?" He asked once more. "I never slept with him." I seethed before turning around and stomping out of the kitchen slamming the front door behind me.