The Battle

In the conference room, where Maya and Chifuyu are doing their best to keep the gospel contained.  Although Chifuyu did notice that Maya had something on her mind.

Chifuyu:"Maya, there's obviously something on your mind, want to talk about it"

Maya:"It's nothing, ma'am"

Chifuyu:"Is this about (Y/n)"

Maya's silence answered Chifuyu

Maya:"It's just that, did you really have to be so harsh on him"

Chifuyu:"Of course, he's going to have to learn that if he intends to do things his own way, he's gotta take responsibility"

Maya:"But, Expelling him"

Chifuyu:"I would have done it to any other student, why should he be any different"

Chifuyu could tell that Maya was still not satisfied with her answer.

Chifuyu:"Look, if you wish to talk to him go ahead.  But right now we have a bigger problem in our hands"

Maya:"Thank you Ms. Orimura"

With that Maya left the room to go check on (Y/n), she was worried about him since he locked himself in his room since he got back which was about an hour ago.  She approached the door ready to talk to you, giving the door three firm knocks.

For the last hour you've been doing nothing but drinking your sorrow's away, thinking on how right your father is on being nothing but a disappointment.  Until you heard someone knocking on the front door.  You do your best to get to the door but stumble on the way, once there you open the door to find Maya.

(Y/n):"Maya is that you"

You did your best to concentrate since you so drunk, it felt like the world around you is moving.

Maya:"(Y/n) are you drunk"

(Y/n):"Oh most, definitely"

Maya:"(Y/n), I need to talk to you, so can you please let me in"

You let her in since, you were too drunk to care at this point.

You sit back down on the desk, as Maya was worrying over you.

(Y/n):"You don't have to help me, you know"

Maya:"What's that"

She says as she point's to the box on your desk.

(Y/n):"You know that's been here since yesterday and your asking now"

Maya:"I just want to know"

You sigh, rub the bridge between your eye's, yet again preparing yourself for a mentally exhausting conversation.  

(Y/n):"That's Eric's, he was my adopted Dad, for a few month's at least"

Maya:"Oh, what happened"

(Y/n):"Passed away"

Maya:"Oh I'm so sorry"

(Y/n):"Don't worry he was old and died peacefully"

Maya:"What was he like"

For once Maya saw (Y/n) with a genuine smile.

(Y/n):"He was a good man, very smart and kind, the kind of father that I wish that I had for just a little longer"

You chuckle for moment remembering all the times that you had with him.

(Y/n):"He was ironically religious even though he knew the molecular structure of any object, he also helped me create my first arc reactor and Jarvis"