04 - trolls

The next few days were slow. Riding on horses was not fun at all and we encountered no danger this whole trip yet. Surely there is something that I can fight. I can feel my body itching for a swing of my dagger or a flying of an arrow.

Some dwarves began composing about the rain that conquered above us. Then Gandalf started speaking of the wizards of middle earth. A conversation I was rather interested in. I only met one wizard and that's Gandalf. Thus far nothing to exciting about the wizard.

We soon came upon a clearing, where broken down house laid. I watched Thorin inspect the house and soon stopped, causing everyone else to do so as well.

"We'll camp here for the night. Filli, Killi, look after the ponies. Make sure you stay with them," Thorin instructed his nephews, and they both obeyed and gathered up the ponies

I followed Gandalf off from our stead's and walked to the house. I had a bad feeling about this.

"A farmer and his family used to live here," Gandalf spoke and I had felt that same energy too.

Thorin instructed oin and gloin to start a fire and for Bombur to start cooking something all while Gandalf began trying to convince Thorin to move on from this place of rest.

"I agree with Gandalf, Thorin. This place doesn't feel right. We should move on," I say to Thorin who listened carefully to what I had to say, but I knew he didn't care reguardless of what I feel.

"Maybe head for the hidden valley," Gandalf mentioned. I've heard of that place. The place of the elves. My kin. But surely I wouldn't tell anyone here that. I've heard the stories. Dwarves despise elves, and since I'm half elf, they should despise me. But thankfully they don't. Yet.

"But I've told you already. I will not go near that place," Thorin reminded Gandalf sternly. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You're a stubborn dwarf," I muttered under my breath and glance at the back of Thorin who had turned away.

"Say that again, hobbit and I will send you back to the shire," Thorin threatened, not turning to even look at me.

"Ah cmon lad, be easy of the las. She doesn't mean no harm of it," Balin reassured Thorin. He scoffed and continued on.

Looking up at Gandalf, he patted my shoulder. Gandalf pressed on.

"Why not? The Elves could help us, we could get food, rest, advice."

Thorin turned back to us and grumbled, "I do not need their advice."

"We have a map that we cannot read. Lord Elrond could help us," Gandalf continued and the mention of Lord Elrond made my finger tips tingle.

Thorins face darkened. "Help? A dragon attacks Erebor. What help came from the Elves? Orcs plunder Moria, desecrate our sacred halls, the Elves looked on and did nothing! You ask me to seek out the very people who betrayed my grandfather, who betrayed my father."

"You are neither of them. I did not give you that map and key for you to hold on to the past," Gandalf replies back and Thorin scoffs.

"I did not know they were yours to keep."

Gandalf was fuming. Before I knew it Gandalf was gone. His last words being he's had enough with dwarves for one day.

"Do you think he'll come back, Keena?" Bilbo came to me and asked.

"He wouldn't abandon his company. He just needs a break," I reassure my worried cousin with a pat on his shoulder.

Soon Bombur had what I think was soup ready for us to eat. It was dark now and we all sat by the fire and ate. Thorin instructed Bilbo to go give Filli and Killi some who were still back watching the horses.