23 - taken

I make my way to the front gate, stripping of the kingly armor I had once worn through my madness and now wearing simple chainmail and a leather tunic. Quickly I walked, my mind plagued withonly one thought. Keena Gredan.

I have failed her. I have failed her trust. I raised my hand at her. She never betrayed me. I betrayed her. The continuous thought that she is out on that battlefield fighting for her life, is my fault, she pregnant for durins sake. How could I be such an ignorant fool. As I made it to the gate, Kili imeditely stands, making his way to me, and began pointing strictly at his chest.

"I will not hide behind a wall of stone, while others fight our battles for us! It is not in my blood, Thorin. Your lover is out there fighting, defending this mountain even after you pushed her away. If that isn't love, then I don't know what is," Kili spits and I dip my head with remorse.

"No, it is not. We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight,"" I say surely which catches Kili by surprise but I lean in, touch my forehead against his, my hand at the back of his neck. We smiled at each other, before I pulled away, looking at the company who have all stood up, waiting for me to say something.

"I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me, one last time?" I asked them and with that said, the dwarves and I readied ourselves for war.

Releasing the giant bell that hung from the ceiling, it crashed down into the wall, a wall of cobblestone crashing down around the entrance, and with the last blow of the horn, we began off out of Erebor, running out with our weapons drawn. I hadn't expected the IronHills army already at our doorstep, Dain at the front, and soon meets my side, running with me towards the oncoming orcs.

"To the king! To the King!" Dain yells out to all the dwarves and soon we make contact with the orcs. Moments go by, and I yell out Dains name, drawing his attention. "Thorin, I'm coming lad!"

After fighting off a few orcs, Dain makes his way to me, and gives me a brotherly hug.

"Hey cousin, what took you so long?" Dain asks me after pulling away, our hair blowing in the breeze.

I could only laugh sheepishly, too embarressed to even reply. But then my thoughts reminded me of my one goal. "Have you seen a red haired hobbit... elf," I say slowly grabbing Dain by his shoulder. "She is my lover, our future queen. Shes out here somewhere because of me," I continued and Dains eyes widen.

"Future queen? She never mentioned that," Dain mumbled and my heart quickens.

"So you've talked to her?! Where is she?" I quickly question him and Dains brow furrows.

"Last I saw her, she was being carried away by one of them snow elves to Dale, she didn't look happy," Dain muses and my vision moves to the city, the city being plunged by Orcs and trolls. Groaning, I thank Dain and take a few steps away but Dain begins speaking again. "Whats your plan, Thorin?" He questions me.

I turn to face him and I sigh. "I'm going to find Keena. Then I'm going to kill the piece of filth," I spat and I see Dain gasp.

"Azog." He breathes out and with a sure nod of my head, I was off, demanding Kili, Fili, and Dwalin to follow.

"We must find Keena," I tell the three, and Kili and Fili nod. "She's somewhere in Dale, Dain saw her go there with some snow elves, we go there then go find Azog," I explain to the men and Dwalin rubs his chin.

"I think it be best we have the lads go find her, bring her back to us, make sure shes okay and we be off to Azog," Dwalin suggests. My eyes darken.

"I will find Keena myself, if I have to. She's far more important to me than this bloody war," I yell back and Dwalin nods his head.

After a while, prying our way through the orcs to Dale, I was surprised when suddenly a short figure popped out of no where, he was breathing heavily and his face full of concern.