15 - drunk

When I had left the room I was changing I made my way over to Thorin who was now dry, though the scent of fish still lingered, I gave in and decided to sit next to him.

Much to my surprise, he grabbed my hand softly and looked me in the eyes.

"The boys are getting onto us," Thorin whispers as his fingers are fiddling with mine.

"Let them, they deserve to know sooner than later," I replied, almost feeling my head leaning closer but I pulled away before anything further could progress.

Thorin sighs in defeat before peering out a window of the home. His eyes seemed to have lit up with excitement. "The Dwarvish Wind-Lance!"

"You look like you've seen a ghost, Thorin," o say jokingly and place my hand along his upper arm.

"He has, las. The last time we saw such a weapon the city was on fire. It was a day the dragon came. The day that Smaug destroyed Dale," I hear Balin speak up and my attention is averted to the old dwarf.

"Girion, the lord of the city, rallied his bowmen to fire upon the beast. But a dragon's hide is tough, tougher than the strongest armor. Only a Black Arrow fired from a wind-lance could have pierced the dragon's hide. And few of those arrows were ever made. The store was running low when Girion made his last stand," Balin explained to me.

"If the aim of men had been true that day, much would've been different," Thorin says with a bit of spite in his breath.

"You speak as if you were there," bard steps in and is before us with his arms crossed against his chest.

"All Dwarves know the tale," Balin argues as if offended by Bards words.

"Then you would know that Girion hit the dragon. He loosened his scale under the left wing, one more shot and he would've killed the beast," bards son spoke up now standing next to his father.

I hear Dwalin begin laughing. "That's a fairy story, lad. Nothing more."

"You took our money. Where are the weapons?" Thorin got up from his seat next to me and faced the man.

"Wait here," Bard instructed before dismissing himself and leaving the house.

"Thorin, dear, you've ought to be a bit more pleasant to the man who is offering us shelter in his own home," I reminded Thorin who gave me a look that made me tense upz

"I thought I was being fair," Thorin argues. I shake my head before grabbing his arm and pulling him back down next to me.

"You're version of fair and mine are very different, my king," I whispered and he looked at me while scoffing.

"So aunty Keena, what do you think of our uncle," Killi asked me and what he said brought warmth to my cheeks.

"Aunty?" I exclaimed at Killi as I covered my red cheeks with my hands.

"Killi please," Thorin annoyingly vouches his nephews name while rubbing his forehead.

"What, I'm curious," Killi defends himself.

"What I'm curious more about Killi, is your well being. How do you fare?" I step in after relieving myself of the awkwardness. I gesture to his leg and he sighs.

"I'm fine," he snaps and looks away.

"Now Killi," Thorin stands up and approaches Killi. "That's no way to act to your aunt," Thorin tells Killi and I stand to smack Thorin across his shoulder. Thorin erupts in laughter as I felt myself blush even more.

"I knew it! I knew it lads," Killi calls out as he is pointing at everyone.

"Thorin," I breath out Thorins name and he winks at me just as Bard comes back into the house with a bag of what I presume to be weapons where he drops onto the dining table.