12 - elves

"Mime ontáro vamme happime -o tye as dwarves (my father would not be happy seeing your arrival with dwarves)," Legolas spoke in Quenya to me. I glared up at him who gave me a smirk. "happime ana cen- tye (I'm happy to see you) Keena," Legolas added and took my fathers blades from me before walking away.

"What was that about, you acted like you could understand him," Thorin mumbled lowly and I looked to my side and saw Thorin look angrily at the blond elf who left with my weapons.

"Nothing, I bet he wasn't even talking to me," I quickly reply and avoid my gaze from Thorin. I felt my cheeks grow warm. He was worried he was talking badly of me. It was but the opposite and I won't say.

The elves began leading us astray, to their kingdom. We walked upon the front gate. The grand entrance of the elven city. As we entered Legolas ordered another elf to close the gate. The city hasn't changed a single bit since last I've been here. Although I can barely remember my time here when I was younger.

The elves lead us down stairs that went down for miles. The dungeons of Mirkwood. This isn't good.

"Let us out of here," Bofur called out as he is thrown into a cell with his brothers Bifur and Bombur. Dwalin and Balin share a cell. Nori and Dori shared one and Ori gets his own, separating those three brothers, kill and Filli are separated, and lastly Oin and Gloin were also separated. That left Thorin and I.

"You two will have a chat with my father, King Thranduil," Legolas told Thorin and I. I gulped and looked at Thorin who has flames in his eyes. Hell, I knew he was fuming. To see his long time enemy  after so many years of no help coming from him. Or other elves. I feel bad for my dwarf.

Legolas along with the red headed elf whom I learned was named Tauriel led us to the throne where King Thranduil himself sat in. He looked grand and tall. Something I always valued in elves and had wished I had more elven genes in me to be tall like them.

"Some may imagine that a Noble quest is at hand. A Quest to reclaim a homeland and slay a dragon. I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive. Attempted burglary, or something of that ilk," the king immediately spoke upon our arrival. His platinum blond hair flowed lusciously around his shoulders and his crown shown brightly in the light of torches. I don't think I have seen such a beautiful elf before. I was taken aback. I have seen him before of course, but the memory has faded due time.

"You have found a way in. You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule. A King's jewel. The Arkenstone. It is precious to you beyond measure, I understand that. There are gems in the mountain that I too desire. White gems of pure starlight. I offer you my help," King Thranduil continued and my eyes perked upon hearing he was offering us help. He removed himself from his throne, his eyes eyeing me, before flicking his attention onto the enraged dwarf to my right. He leaned closer down towards us.

But to my surprise, a smile is placed on Thorins face. "I am listening."

King Thranduil looked pleased with his first response. He looked at me then back at Thorin. "I will let you go, if you but return what is mine." I had known what he was referring to.

"A favor for a favor," Thorin added as the king began circling us.

"You have my word. One King to another," King Thranduil replied surely with a nod of his head and a hand placed on his chest, before gesturing to Thorin.

"I would not trust, Thranduil, the great King, to only his word. Till the end of all days be upon us!" Angrily spotted Thorin up at the elf. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his response. I noticed the elven king himself was just as shocked as I was.

"You, lack all honor! I have seen how you treat your friends! We came to you once, starving, homeless; seeking your help. But you turned your back! You, turned away from the suffering of my people and the inferno that destroyed us!" Thorin continued raging at the elf. What he said next made the elven king enraged. "May you die in dragon fire!" Spoken in Thorin's native language. I was utterly shocked by what was unfolding.