16 - approach

I awoke with an asleep Thorin by my side. Now this is a view I could get use to. Last night, despite both of us being drunk, we made love for the first time. It had seemed through our love making that all affects of drunkiness left our bodies and we became sober. We were one. Never in my life would I have expected to find love on this jounrey, nonetheless with a dwarf. Not that I have anything against dwarves, I have grown to love them, but being the half elf I was, my father never would have wanted me to be off with a dwarf. Needless to say, my father isn't here to tell me what to do, not anymore at least.

My eyes fluttered to see Thorin peacefully sleeping by my side, his arm draped over my waist, almost holding me against him. I felt his warm breath against my cheek and the feeling of his strong heartbeat. I picked up my hand from my side and gently grabbed a lock of hair and gently twirled it around my finger, trying my best not to wake him. I exaimined his sleeping face. Small wrinkles formed around his eyes and his laugh lines were evident. His beard was still nicely trimmed, as if it hasn't grown since the day I first met him. Grey hair freckled his black mane, signifying his age and the time he has lived. He has lived through so much. If I had the power I'd take away the pain of losing everything. One man shouldn't burden over so much loss in a lifetime.

Sighing, I tried prying myself away from Thorin only for his grasp around me to tighten.

"Where do you think you're going?" Thorin grumbled, his eyes still locked shut but awake he was.

"Did I wake you?" I questioned in a whisper.

His eyes fluttered open and his arm that was still wrapped around my waist had removed itself but now I lay below Thorin, his body overmine before resting his head on my chest, his eyes closing once again.

"Don't worry about me," He mumbled before snuggling into my breasts. Feeling a blush cross my cheeks I shoved him off of me only for us to begin fighting over the blankets. I erupted with laughter from our childlike behavior. Now we sat with Thorin beneath me, my legs straddling him, his hands at my thighs.

"Now this is a familiar sight," I spoke before dipping my head, seeing a smile cross Thorins face, and kissed his lips gingerly before ultimately removing myself from him.

"Must we get up?" Thorin asked as I walked over to grab my clothes that were scatter across the room. I felt Thorins eyes lingering on my body before I replied.

"We have a quest we must finish, remember? The dwarves are probably waiting for us as we speak. My poor cousin is probably worried sick about my whereabouts," I say as I slip into my undergarments before strapping into my armor. By now Thorin stood beside me, naked still, as if tempting me. I refused to look at him or else I feel I will succumb to him and we'll have a repeat of last nights events. Teasing him earlier was the most I could sustain for now.

"Let them worry, if I had the option, I'd stay in this very room with you forever," Thorin cooed in my ear, wrapping his arms around my now clothed body and leaning his face into the crook of my neck.

"We don't have such an option at a time like this, we must leave now, Durins Day is upon us," I remind Thorin who groans, but I could feel his pain. Falling in love at the worst possible timing. Let me tell you.

Soon, once we were both fully dressed and in our armor, we set foot out our room, seeing as it was actually only sunrise and we could have slept for longer. Sighing in defeat, we decided the take the time to find the dwarves and wake them up so we could be off to the mountain.

We had troubles finding Bofur, but we paid no mind as we knew he'd turn up, eventually. He's a bad drunk I bet.

As we collected everyone to prepareourselves off to the mountain I noticed Bilbo come to my side, elbowing me slightly. "You do know we're one short? Where's Bofur?" He asked, loud enough for Thorin to hear as well.