24 - death

I could feel the determination in her eyes, as she spoke out to me, commanding me what to do. I was thrilled. Unlike Azog who would have had me return to the battle, Keena mounts me, grasing onto my mangy white fur, and hauling herself atop my back. She is going to save her lover. Thorin Oakenshield.

"Take me to Thorin," Her voice echoed in my mind as I felt my paws enter the soil, then leave as I gallaped over the ground below me, my breath heaving in and out, racing towards our goal. 

"How many wargs are here?" I hear her ask me from above. My ears perk up and while still running, I reply.

"No more than 30," I replied, just as I leapt off the ground, hauling myself over a small ravine, and landing gently on the stone on the other side, hoping Keena was holding on tightly to me.

"Call them to me, we need all the wargs we can get to face off against Azog, he must be overun if we want to end in victory," She demands and with a nod of my head, I stop in place for a moment, and stuck my nose high in the air, and with a swift movement, roared furiously, my voice picking up wind and traveling for miles. Now they will come.

I started off again, but I was quickly stopped when I felt Keena slide off from my back, and hurrying towards something close to a structure.

But as I neared her, I stood in shock at what I saw.

----

"Fili, please no," I muttered as I ran over to the blonde haired dwarf whom I could pick out in acrowd like a sore thumb. I knelt down to my knees, gathering the almost life man into my arms.

"Keena?" He breathes out, his eyes blinking slowly and I could see his hand reaching out for me. I gladly take it with a free hand and began to feel my eyes well up with tears.

"I'm here, Fili, I'm here," I started and turned to Breonna. "We must get him back to the mountain, he doesn't have much time left," I tell Breonna as I noticed blood oozing from his chest, and blood dripping down the side of his head where he had hit it probably. Ihadn't known what has happened but if Fili was this wounded, I could only expect the same for Kili, and possibly Thorin.

I heard Breonna growl loudly, and soon enough, the two wargs from before came quickly, they had seemed to follow us after we left. They hurried towards me and Fili.

"Take him to the mountain, please," I began demanding the two wargs. They yapped at me in response. "If anyone begins to attack you, find another way in, leave if you must after dropping him off," I added as I began slowly picking myself up, Fili now starting to breath heavily, his eyes flicking open and closed. One warg gently lied down and the other helped Fili up onto his back. Nudging him slightly and reluctantly Fili didn't bother arguing upon going onto the wargs back. He was so out of it, I bet he could lose his consciousness any moment now. 

"Make haste," I lastly said before lightly smacking the rear end of the warg carrying Fili, and off the two went. "I fear for him," I mumbled, watching the two wargs eventually disapear from sight. 

"Keena, we must hurry," Breonna speaks up now, walking up behind me. I nod my head, and mounting her once more, a little help this time around, she leaned down so I could get up more easily taking in cosideration of ym smaller frame compared to Azog. "We won't have time to find the other brother, I sense Thorin in deep distress. We must hurry, master," Breonna adds as I finished climbing up onto her.

Sighing, I kick my kegs at her side, making her begin to run again. Then my mind flooded with the thoughts of my dream with Queen Amon. How I had found myself on ice, overlooking the battlefield, before the white warg came at me, causing me to fall from the side of the frozen over waterfall. But as if my eyes had decieved me, instead of Breonna being the one to attack me, my mind drifted to the image of Azog. Not realizing I had closed my eyes, my eyes snapped open and I took in a deep breath.