CHAPTER 17:

We finally got home, settled and Dam decided he was going to stay until me and kids were comfortable and felt safe and I was very grateful for that.

"Lily, you know you should be sleeping right." I asked her.

"No, daddy's here." She said walking over to him and jumping on the couch just to jump on him.

"Yeah, daddy's here." He mocked at me as I gave him a glare.

Just then the doorbell rang. Lily jumped off of dam and ran straight to the door.

"Mommy, can I open the door." She yelled from the front door.

"Yes."

I couldn't see her from the living room but I heard her pick something up and closed the door behind her.

"Mommy it's your favorite flower." She said carrying the poisonous flower in the living room as I stare at it for a second.

"Oh it's really pretty lily." Dam says. "Who's it from."

"Wait...."

"What babe."

"Lily drop it on the floor... now." I said quietly wanting to yell.

"What why." Dam asked.

"Lillian Odyssey Willis drop in now." I yelled at her as she dropped it crying while breaking the pot. Dam got up and grabbed her to keep her quiet and staring at me as I got down on the floor with the broken pot, dirt and roots.

"Nadia what's wrong with you." He asked mad.

I quickly got up and ran over to them. I checked Lily's finger and her stomach and her breathing.

"Does it hurt to breathe?" I ask her frantically as she shook her head still crying and took a deep breath and thanked god she was okay.

"Nadia."

"That's not a hydrangea, that's a Conium."

"You didn't have to yell at her though."

"There poisonous, deadly Damian, they can deprive your heart and brain of oxygen." I said taking her from him and holding her close to me make sure she calmed down quick. I probably scared the crap out of her but it was for a good reason. She would've gotten hurt.

She could of died.

"Who sent you those." He asked as I glared at him.

"Damian if i knew, this wouldn't have happened." I whisper yelled at him. He grabbed Lily back from me and took her out of the room. I didn't want her to hear us yelling at each other either. I got mad at him for something that wasn't his fault but I was scared too. I love my baby's. This flower is dangerous. Whoever sent this to me was warning me and i'm not gonna act like it didn't bother me.

Their coming after my kids now, and I don't play about my kids.

Damian came back down stairs withoutLlily and just stared at me.

"Don't do that Dam, you know I hate that."

"And that's why I do it, she didn't know it was deadly." He responded.

"Dam, I have a degree in botany, I know what they can do to grown adults."

"Dia-"

"No, if your not acting like me then that must mean you don't care about our kids like me." I stated.

"That is not fair Dia, your-"

"Get out, I can't do this anymore." i Said pointing to the door.

"No, I'm not leaving you guys here after what just happened," He said stepping up to me as I put my hand down, "Your gonna have to get used to me being here when bad things happen."

"How am I supposed to get use to it when I've been without you for years Damian, you make it so hard for me."

"You have to explain it to me, I want you to feel comfortable like how we used to be."

"We can't go back to that Dam, it's way too late."

"Then let's start over, tell me why you went off on Lily."

"Dam-"

"No, we're not doing that again." He sat there and stared at me.

"Fine, I'll have to prove myself to people so they know i'm not something to play with, I wasn't some trophy wife of the rich billionaire Damian Harding." I said realizing I lost my authority mid-sentence.

"Dia, i've never thought of you as a trophy wife." He said coming up and putting both his warm hands on my cheeks.

"It didn't matter what you thought, it mattered what the world thought," I admitted, "I was put in the public eye since we started dating, new channels and newspaper headlining gold digger girlfriend?"

I looked at him and he looked like he was getting it, "Dam I had the paparazzi outside my house 24/7."

"I thought you were okay with that, matter of fact I asked you if you bothered about it and you said no." He questioned.

"I didn't wanna hurt your feelings, you were so happy that I was okay with the flashing lights and people grabbing my arm for a quick sentence they could turn into a 1000 words." I said getting overwhelmed and all he could do was hug me.

"I was too much of a coward to let you know what was happening." I said beginning to cry.

"Babe, please tell me if your not comfortable." He said letting me go and turning around on the floor looking at the flower.

"What are your doing." I said grabbing his shirt so he wouldn't get too close to the venomous plant.

"I know the company that makes these flower pots." He says picking up a piece of the pot with his hands through his shirt.

"Do you know who did it then." I asked.

"I-I think so." He said looking disappointed.

"Who Dam?" I asked him getting a bit impatient.

He looked at me and then held my hand. He looked scared now and I was getting scared too.

"It's my mother babe." He spoke extremely low which meant he knew what he was talking about. His mother was trying to harm us, my family. She's gone way to far now. I don't play about my kids. What if Lily would've put her nose on the weed. What if she died.

"I'm gonna kill her."

***************
Like! Comment! Follow!!!