MFA chapter 8*

Chapter 8* 

April 2010 

"Zandy, get in the f*cking dress!" Andy yelled at me through the dressing room door. We were currently in a trailer a few blocks away from where the premiere of Halloween II was taking place. 

"No! I refuse to wear a dress like that out in public!" I yelled, pointing at the dress even though he couldn't see me do so. 

"I'm dressed up, that means that you have to be, too! Now get in the d*mn dress!" 

It was true, Andy was in a full on suit. Dress pants, jacket, dress shirt, shoes, tie, the whole shebang! He had even combed his hair back, which was extremely weird. I had only ever seen his hair relatively short in pictures from when he was like thirteen. 

"Ugh! Fine," I groaned, giving in. "But it's only because we'll look like idiots together." 

Taking the dress off the hanger, I wore it for the first time since my secret fitting. Don't ask.  

It was a deep purple color, which wasn't too bad, but the shade was a little too classy for me. It had a tight fitting bodice and it slowly flowed out into an A-line skirt that reached just below mid-thigh, so my tattoos were visible. There was a white lace layer over the skirt that was designed with small flowers and swirled patterns that would've been rad if the lace was black. It was a halter top, so my back was completely exposed to the crisp spring air. 

And then, there was the horrible lack of material that made me feel awfully exposed and a bit promiscuous, in a totally bad way. It was the deep plunging neckline of the stupid thing! It came practically down to my naval and didn't exactly keep the girls covered. My chest wasn't exactly a 'practical' size, you could say. I had always had a large chest and this dress gave no help in hiding that fact. The outside of my bust was covered, but the part that was usually protected by a tee was out in the open and in plain sight. It was horrible! I'm sure Andy hadn't seen the dress in full, or else he wouldn't be making me wear it. 

I shuddered and put on the impractical black, four inch Louis Vuitton peep toe heels with lacy flowers in the front. My 'look' for the premiere was completed: dress; shoes; curled hair pulled into a side ponytail; and 'mandatory' red lipstick. I had complied with all the 'requirements' but had put my foot down on the makeup, piercings and tattoos. I kept my eyeliner, mascara, and pale foundation. I least I had some dignity left, though I couldn't keep the khol I usually put on. I was fine with giving that up for a night, though.

I tucked my cell phone in the much appreciated pocket on the right side of my dress and took a deep breath. I opened the door to the spacious dressing room in Scout's movie trailer that she was letting us use to get ready. 

When I opened the door, Andy was facing away from me, his jacket now open, revealing the black dress shirt underneath. He was adjusting his tie, loosening it significantly around his neck. His shirt was untucked form his pants and his hair was a bit messy now, probably from running his hands through it. His black hoop ring in his lip was in and he was tugging on it with his teeth nervously. 

I tapped my toes on the floor anxiously, waiting for Andy to get me out of this trailer so I could get this thing over with quicker. He turned to face me all the way and his jaw dropped open and his eyes bugged out of their sockets. I could feel his eyes roam over me, all of me. And it was pretty unnerving, yet kind of encouraging at the same time. 

He cleared his throat and restored his composure. "Ready?" he asked, opening the trailer door. 

I smiled convincingly and nodded. He held his hand out to me and led me out of the trailer. We hailed a cab and it took us the three or four blocks to the site of the premiere. We stepped out and walked a little way to the V.I.P. entrance of the pre-premiere party. Once we stepped onto the red carpet, snaps from cameras started going off and screams erupted from the crowd of lucky fans that were able to get tickets to this thing.