MFA chapter 11*

Chapter 11* 

October 2010 

I groaned. "Why is it so f*cking hot here? It's October for f*ck sake! It's not supposed to be a hundred degrees outside!" As you can probably tell, I was hot and miserable. I was used to the cold and the heat was not treating me well. 

CC threw a squishy ice pack at me. "Use that, the A/C is all jacked up on here." 

Christian Coma was the new drummer for the band. Sandra had called it quits back in September. She said she wanted to experiment with different types of music and something she was more familiar with. She's still as part of the BVB family as anyone else, but she's just living all the way in Florida now. 

We were currently at the venue the guys were playing tonight. We were kicking off the new Entertainment or Death tour with William Control and Motionless In White. For the first stop, we were in Victorville, California in the ghetto! It was nice venue inside, but the area wasn't the greatest. Then again, we lived in LA so.... 

It was October first; we'd be on this tour for about a month and then another tour with Birthday Massacre and Dommin. These next few months were going to be crazy, crazy, crazy. Not to mention the make-up shows the guys had to play in Vegas and then the one in Hollywood on new years. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Andy's birthday was all around the corner. Holiday season was definitely hectic. 

So, we were all (all being Ash, Andy, Jake, Jinxx, CC, Skin, Bone, Lottie, and I) sitting on the tour bus/bunker in the heat of the day with no air conditioning. I was in the most pleasant mood. 

"Zandy, we are in the middle of the Mojave Desert, of course it's gonna be hot," Andy said. I groaned again. 

"How about we go out to lunch, or go do something?" Lottie suggested. She was just as miserable as the rest of us.  

"Somewhere with air conditioning, preferably," Ash added. 

"Why aren't we allowed in the venue again?" Skin asked, fanning himself with a piece of cardboard from a soda case. 

"They're still setting up," Jake said, pressing an ice pack to his forehead. Everybody's hair was sticking to their foreheads. 

"Whatever!" I shouted, frustrated. "Figure out whatever the f*ck we're gonna do. I'm getting out of here. I can't take it anymore." 

I shot up from the couch/bed and stomped to the door. Flinging it open, I hopped down to the hot asphalt of the parking lot and slammed the door shot. We were parked behind the building, so we were relatively safe back here. And, lucky me, there was shade next to the building. I stalked over to it and plopped down on the ground, still frustrated from the stupid bus. 

It was only noon, so there wasn't anybody waiting in line for the concert yet. But the show was at seven, so I'd expect people to start showing up at about four or five. It gave the guys a few hours of peace and quiet. 

Ever since their album released in July, more and more people have been showing up to their concerts. They get recognized on the streets more often and people were always asking for autographs. The guys were more than happy to oblige, of course, but it made it hard for us to just hang out outside of the house anymore. Plus, fans were showing up at the venues even before we got there, sometimes. At least the people in this city had some common sense and made their kids go to school still since it was a Friday. 

I sat under the shade for a few minutes to cool down, both my temper and my body heat. After just reminiscing for a while, I heard the sound of the bus door opening and closing, then the sound of boots on asphalt. Soon, Andy was next to me, sliding down the wall of the building to sit beside me. He lit a cigarette before putting his arm around me and pulling me close to his side. The smell of smoke didn't bother me as much as it used to when we first started hanging out together. Now it was just something else that reminded me of Andy.