3 ~ Philosophy

I wake up the next morning to an empty room. Merida's bedsheets still lie crumpled up at the side, unchanging from yesterday. Where is she? I cant jump to conclusions, she might do this every night. I've only known her a day, she may just be around a friends. She was with a group of people yesterday in the common room, she could have gone to stay at one of theirs.

I have no idea what time it is but I know it's early in the morning or late at night because there is no light coming through the window. How am I meant to do anything without artificial light? None of these rules make any sense, like not being able to be in a relationship I mean look how many people are breaking it now. Jasmine and Aladdin, Mary and David and all those others I noticed together yesterday. Surely the teachers around here have noticed that people are kissing each other.

I can't get back to sleep no matter how much I try so I make Olaf appear, well it's not actually olaf, her names Olin*. Olaf's still at home, we left him with Emma because we felt bad for not telling her all three of us were going until it was too late. Olin looks at her surroundings then looks at me, her head bowed a bit in shyness.

" hey Olin, I'm Elsa" I introduce kneeling down to her.

" I-I'm Olin and I-I like warm hugs" she says shyly as if it's embarrassing. She's adorable, but she needs a nose. Where am I gonna get a carrot nose at this time? I don't even know there is anywhere I can get one. Maybe I could use something else. I rummage through my draws looking for a substitute, but I get interrupted half way through by a loud scream.

" ahhhhh OH MY GOD. w-w-what the Fuck is ... that" Merida screams pointing at the snow...woman cowering behind me.

" it's a snow-woman" i reply simply.

" b-but it's walking I-I-it's alive. What... how... unm what?" Merida says lost for words, her eyes wide with confusion.

" okay, I... posses a curse, I can control ice and snow" I say putting my arms out beside me.

" so your one of the elementals?" She asks, it cathes me off guard and now I'm the one lost for words.

" how... what...umm Whats an elemental? " I manage to get out.

" one who posses magic of an element. There's supposed to be only four different elements and only two for each but there are thousands of different powers like water, fire, electric, nature, love, ice, air loads" she rambles on as if I'm supposed to know it.

" wait wait hold on, how do you know all this?"

" well this is a school for elementals."

" what? So are you one?"

" noooo, there's not many out there so they needed to let mortals come here to suppport the school and basically not get shut down." She says waving her hand, she walks up to Olin and examines her.

" you said there's only two of each?" I question raising an eyebrow.

" normally a male and Female so you know... yeah but they never usually meet cause' of timing a shit. Like it's rare one of ems' born so it's unlikely that their born in each others lifetime, i dont really get it to be honest..." she explains playing with Olin and carrying on talking about how it doesn't make sense but all I can think is Jack is like me. Jack is an elemental, we are the only two. I stand up and run out ignoring Merida calling my name. I remember his room and floor and I don't care how early or late it is.

I knock loudly on the door I hope is Jacks room. I hear groans come from within and slow sleepy footsteps come towards the door. The door opens revealing Jack with his hair sticking up and his eyes half closed.