10 ~ The Truth

I turn around, my face stained with tears and burst through the door. I notice that Anna was sitting next to the door listening to everything. I run down the stairs and out onto the desolate street. I've got to get away, from Anna from Jack from everything. I don't even look where I'm going I just keep running. I've always loved running, the wind breezing past me, the burn in your legs that makes me feel alive and able to do anything, the feeling of be free. Freedom. Something we don't have complete control of. We aren't free to do whatever we want but we are free to be our person. We have the freedom to love, hate and dream. We have the freedom to make our lives worth something or to live a worthless life. I often don't feel free to live my life as I want to, most of do but we have to make the most of those brief moments where anything can happen.

I stop and look around at where I am. I don't recognise anything. Just buildings towering above me, no one to be seen. It's so desolate, I don't like it. What makes it worse is that I'm alone. I hear footsteps, slowly making their way to their destination. I turn around, frantically trying to find the source of the footsteps. It echoes all around me. I hold my hands to my heart, I can feel the coldness creeping it's way throughout my veins making me feel more afraid. No where to turn, just the inevitable sound of footsteps swallowing me up into its darkness. It's driving me mad. I cover my ears not wanting to hear it anymore. What is wrong with me?
" stop just stop" I shout into oblivion, icy cold tears make its way down my face. It doesn't stop, I can still hear it. I scream to the floor, unable to keep the storm within me. I feel arms wrap around me, holding onto me tightly as I cry and scream into their neck.
" shhh Elsa it's okay. I'm here. I'll always be here" he says stroking my hair. I pull away looking into his eyes.
" I'm so sorry Jack I just don't know what to do anymore. You broke me. I fell into pieces but I still love you. I'm not mad at you anymore. I don't want we have to end what we have but I don't want to get hurt again either. You still have to prove you love me." I cry, everything just falling out of my mouth.
" I know I know. I'm sorry and I will prove it to you. Everyday. But you have to know, that person who hurt you, that wasn't me and trust me. When I find out who he is he won't see the light of day again" he says through gritted teeth with Anger with whoever did this to us. I don't know why but it makes me laugh, I start to giggle. Jack holds me at arms length and looks at me in confusion. He eyebrows drawn together and his head slightly to the side, this makes me erupt into fits of laughter. He joins along, laughing wildly.
" I've missed you Elsa" he whispers when our laughter dies down.
" I've missed you too" I lean in and kiss his lips. Something I've wanted to do ever since we broke up. When we break apart I punch his arm.
" that's for breaking my heart" I laugh.
" but I've fixed it now"
" no, you haven't just yet" I put my finger on his lips to stop us from kissing again.
"Come on we need to get back"

" Elsa I was so worried"'Anna screams as we arrive back at the bus. She engulfs in her arms.
"I'm okay you shouldn't worry so much" I laugh holding her tightly.
" Elsa your okay! I was so worried when Anna told me you'd gone missing" Daniel says breaking mine and Anna's hug creating his own. I push him away and continue to hug Anna.
" no one breaks me and my sister up" I hiss at him. He looks at me with hurt eyes brimming with tears but I don't apologise and he retreats back to Regina.
" Elsa what was that?" Anna asks
" I was hugging you and he interrupted!" I say quietly so no one can hear our commotion.
" I don't think it was necessary"
"Yeah your right" I sigh trudging towards Daniel but to my surprise Him and Regina are arguing .
" don't touch me I know what you did but it looks like your plan failed. I knew it wouldn't. They have true love unlike you seen as you don't have a heart" she calmly States smirking at him, tears streaming down his face as he listens to her gruelling words. Who is she talking about?"
"Regina please, your my only love" he pleads, more tears making it down his face.
" oh please, how many girls have you said that too? I'm done with wasting my time on you. Love is a weakness" and with that statement she turns away and struts off. I run over to Daniel who's now on the floor in despair. I crouch down next to him and hug him.
" it's okay, she wasn't worth your time anyway" I whisper to him. He sands up, brushing me off.
" I see your with Jack again" he says coldly looking at him with distaste.
" not quite yet" I mumble looking at the floor and messing with the pebbles under me.
"Whatever" he replies as the bus pulls up and he climbs aboard it. I grab Anna's hand and bring her with me without making eye contact with Jack. What the hell is wrong with me? I just want to get back and collapse on my bed and forget everything that's happened.

Me and Anna sit down on the bus, I decide instead of pretending to listen what she has to say I ask her about Kristoff.
"Anna?" I begin with.
" hmmm" she says with her mouth full of chocolate someone gave her, everyone knows how much she likes it.
" do you miss Kristoff?" She looks at me, her face stunned by the question; she takes a final swallow of the chocolate in her mouth. Her eyes become glassy, brimming with painful tears.
" everyday" she replies with strain, obviously trying to hold back her tears.
" hey it's okay, we'll be going back soon"
" b-b-but what if he's m-met some-someone else? What if he doesn't l-love me anymore?" She sobs, tears now starting to trickle down her face. I can't believe she would ever say that about Kristoff, I can tell they truly love each other.
"Anna he will always love you. I know he will" she lays her head on my lap and I stroke her head. I kind of regret asking now.
" I-I hope your right" she whispers. I start to sing to her, a song we used to sing together. I sang it to her when she was first born, when I first saw her. Her tiny lengths of ginger hair sticking out from her head and drowned in cloth. I sing it softly and slowly, hopefully getting her to calm down
' hello little baby your a princess just like me, and you thinking maybe it's a pretty cool thing to be. But soon you'll see that everyone expects a lot from you. They say that there are things a princess should and shouldn't do. But you and me, we, we know better'

Hey sorry for the shirt chapter, I've been talking to official_anna_frozen too much... Or not enough haha but she's fabulously cool and I recommend reading her story 'her frozen heart' ❤️ until next time ☺️