6 ~ Ashleigh

" what was that all about?" Merida asks when Anna left the room. " and why weren't you in class?"

" which do you want me to start with?" I sit down on at my desk turning the chair to face Merida.

" what that peice of paper is about" I take a deep breath and recite the story.

Half an hour later I finished the story.

"That's one hell of story" she says unable to think of anything else to say.

" yeah, but it can't be her right?" I ask more to myself than to Merida.

" it could be ye never know. Anyway, tell us where yer were during class"

" I was with Jack in the forest..." I told her about the girl in the forest.

" yer kiddin' right?" She laughed.

" umm no" I say awkwardly.

" she sounds like tis' lass that went missin' las year. There's been many speculations on where she went but none of us actually know what happened to er'. I've always thought er' mother took er' out cause the school weren't good enough..." Merida continues to waffle on about her theory about this girl. Theories started to fill my head too, what if she got taken?  Or murdered?  Or what if she choose to run away?

" what's her name?" I ask when she finished talking.

" Ashleigh"

Me and Jack are sitting in Latin class when a teacher burst through the door.

" Jack and Elsa have been asked to see the headmistress! " he says calmy and I swear I see a slight smirk on his face as if he's amused by the fact. This is it! Day two and we're already being expelled. I slowly stand up and follow the emotionless adult. I don't know who she is and quite frankly I don't care.We approach the office, the door stands at the end of the hallway on the right looking almost evil. Why am I so nervous? The teacher knocks on the door and a gentle voice calls out. " come in". The teacher opens the door for me and I shyly slip in with Jack following behind.

" you called for us?" Jack questions.

" ahh yes, Jack and Elsa. You skipped class yesterday afternoon. This is obviously not acceptable but I won't bore you with a lecture" my eues widen at her words. She's not going to lecture us?

" but I am interested In what you did during this time?" Why does she want to know what we did? Is shs trying to hide something? 

" we ran into the forest together then ran back out after a bit" Jack says casually.

" did you see anything?" She asks examining potted flowers on her desk.

"Just leaves and trees" I tell her smiling sweetly.

" are you sure?" She persists.

" its like you want us to have seen something" I say cocklily crossing my arms.

" of course not now are you two in a romantic relationship? " she asks. I look at Jack but he coldly looks ahead.

" no. Not anymore" tears form in my eyes, a knot Stuck in my throat. He's just saying that to make sure we're not in trouble right? He did seem a bit cold earlier.  What if he doesn't love me anymore?

" you may go now" she dismisses. Jack storms out quickly and I have to run after him. Half way down the corridor I grab his arm to stop him from walking any further.

" what was that? Was that true?" I cry.  He looks at me, his eyes hollow and bare.

" yes" my grasp loosens on his arm and he stiffly walks away. Every step sends a shot of pain through my heart and frost starts to form beneath my feet.  I have to get out of here. I run. I run as far as I can get, across the green and into the forest. I don't even know where I'm going I just have to get away.

I reach the concrete building,  my legs burning and all my energy gone. A bright flash surrounds me, blurring my vision. It seems like it came from inside the hut.

I curiously go inside to find a rather normal scene of Ashleigh sitting by a fire.

" umm *cough* what was that bright light?" She looks up her hand out in my direction.

" oh its only you" she sighs in relief.

" you didn't answer my question"

" and im not going to. What are you doing here? "

" umm well I just came across here and saw a bright flash in which I was interested in" I say.

" why were you running? Your boyfriend break up with you or something?" She asks as if it's nothing new and she's bored of hearing it.

" something like that" I sigh. I sit down accross from her, the fire literally burning my face.

" you look like you've been rejected by death" she laughs.

" gee thanks, I'm loving your look as well" I retort.

" I'd like to see you live like I do and look perfect"

" how do you live?" I ask.

" I live here" she says thrusting her hands up. " how do you think I live?"

" why do you live here?"

" what is this twenty questions?"

" I'm just curious you don't have to tell me"

" well im not gonna' tell you anything but I am curious of why your here"

" haven't I already told you?" To be honest I don't know why I'm here. Well, it's because Jack was being a total jerk. He didn't even seem like it was him, but it was. I guess I have to accept that he doesn't love me anymore.

" yeah but why did he break up with you?" She asks. I shrug as a reply. An awkward silence hangs in the air as I stare at the flames dancing about. People always say you can see pictures in the colours of fire but I can see myself. I don't mean as a picture. Fire is strong and powerful but take something away and it fails. It collapses and stops glowing brightly. Like me, take one thing away and I break down. I may seem strong but I'm weak.

" there must be a valid reason"

" I don't think he loves me anymore" I sigh.

" oh well, his lost. You don't need him" she says.

" but I love him and I do need him" I sigh pathetically. She stands up and walks over to me almost angrily, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

" if there's one thing I can't stand is when women depend on men. You don't need him. Your a strong woman who is independent and smart. Don't be a ditzy air headed Bitch like other girls"

" your right.  I don't need him. I'm letting him go and I am never looking back, I'm turning my back and slamming the door!" I cheer grinning. 

" That's my girl uhhh what's your name?" She laughs awkwardly.

" Elsa, you?"

" Ashleigh" she replies. " look you better go, it's getting dark. I hope to see you soon Elsa" I nod my head and give her a hug. She wasn't expecting it and she kept her arms out before wrapping them around me. I pull away then run off back to the dormitory.

Heyy, im soooo sorry its taken me forever to update I've just had massive writers block. I hope your still reading and I hope you still like it. Untill next time :-) luv ya xx