Heather...

It's Ali's birthday, so everyone gathered in Los Angeles to celebrate her. I know it's pretty rude to mention a lady's age but guess how old she is. Try to guess, I'll give you 5 seconds.

She's forty-five years old already. Surprise!

Time flies, I know. Her and Ashlyn's adorable daughter, Hermione just turned eight years old a few weeks ago.

-       Tobin!!! – someone shouted my name.

I turned my head to see who it was, which then turned out to be Alyssa Naeher. She and her wife Melvin Birmingham were pushing their twins in the double trolley towards me.

The Naehers looked so cute with the way they dressed themselves so similarly in color of clothes. Alyssa's smile gives me life every time it appears, I swear to God. I honestly had never seen a happier Alyssa Naeher in my life until Melvin Birmingham's existence. That girl just did something to her that none of us has it figured out.

-       Wow Tobin, you still look fire after all those years. – Mellie teased me.

She talked like we haven't seen each other for ages, which in fact, it has only been 3 months since we met. The last time I met them, Liz bawled her eyes out on the floor like a child when she saw her daughter and son for the first time after Mellie gave birth to her twins.

Back in the day when Mellie still had to follow Alyssa everywhere like a little tail to be able to win over her, Mellie used to poke fun of me and try to annoy the hell out of Alyssa by calling me hot in front of Liz all the time. It's a long story to say about their old days because you know just how punchably difficult Alyssa used to be when it came to dating and giving her heart to someone. But after all the hard work, Mellie got her so good and got her them hooked together for life. I tell everyone all the time that there's just something special about that girl that Alyssa couldn't resist. God created her charms as perfect as a puzzle to connect and attract someone as cold-hearted and as hard-going as Alyssa Naeher. (My next book will be about this couple Naeher + Melvin, it's coming soon^^)

-       What's wrong with you? Am I not enough? – with the same attitude as how she's always behaved whenever Mellie did that, Alyssa side-eyed her wife, which earned me and Millie a big laugh.

Mellie seductively pulled Alyssa's shirt to make her lower herself so she could place a little kiss on Lizzie's lips.

-       You're more than enough, baby. – she whispered to her wife while their lips were still touching.

-       Guys, my little single heart hurts. Please stop. – I said, let out a little laugh and pretended to cover my eyes.

-       Oops, sorry. I'll introduce some of my friends for you as compensation. – Melvin winked playfully.

-       Why yes. Best idea ever. Thanks, Mel. – I joked in response.

Alyssa and Mellie looked at me as their smiles faded since I guess they were sharing the same thought about me. They kind of looked over at each other and let out a little sigh. The sighs weren't obvious however I caught them instantly as soon as they started to show unnecessary pity for me again.

-       What? – I asked with a laugh and pretended like I didn't know what their sighs were for.

They shrugged:

-       Nothing. – they smiled faintly.

-       Come on guys. I'm just single, I'm not dying. – I said.

-       Are you sure? – Mellie asked but then got nudged in the arm by Alyssa.

The "oops sorry" reaction of Mellie's as soon as she realized why Alyssa did that to her made me laugh once again.