... our team's DNA

Unexpectedly, a cute adorable force out of nowhere was pulling my pants which helped draw my senses back and made me lose the tenseness entirely throughout my body.
I looked down to see this precious little human looking up at me straight in the eyes. Those innocent brown pupils made my knees weak. I looked at the little stranger girl as my body melted like an idiot while my mind couldn't think of anything besides her little cute grip on my pants.
Out of my own control, my lips spontaneously smiled to her.

-       Hello, little thing.

I don't know why I felt so happy but I was.
The little girl smiled at me with her pink cheeks and plum lips. I've honestly never seen a kid this beautiful.
I knelt down on one knee to pick her up.

-       Are you Heather? – I softly asked.

The little girl nodded as her cute voice raised up:

-       I see you everyday.

My eyes shot opened because of what she said, but realized she was only a kid and could say anything out of that innocent mind so I just let it pass and brightly smiled.

-       Really? – I gave her a response to not be rude.

She nodded very determinedly which was really cute.

-       Sorry. – someone whispered that to me apologetically and scooped her out of my arms suddenly.

-       Sorry everyone, I'm late! – her voice filled up the whole house as she said hi to everyone else, and my heart really really needed a rest at that moment.

This was just too much for it to handle.

-       Oh my God it's Christen! Honey, Christen's here! – Sky cried like a baby, shouting for Megan and rushed to run into Chris's arms.

She hugged Sky back and tightened her embrace around her.

-       Hi, Sky. How are you doing? – she gently asked, there was guilt in her voice.

Her voice hasn't changed one bit. The way she hugged with the hands intertwined each other and placed on the person back hasn't changed either.

She's back... for Ali's 45th birthday.

Finally.

-       Honey, are you going to let Pressi go? – Megan crackled as she tried to pull Sky out of Chris without hurting her wife.

-       No! Never! – she shook her head against Chris's shoulder while sobbing.

-       Aw Sky. It's ok. I'm here. It's ok. – Chris rubbed Sky's back to comfort her.

-       Will you disappear again if I let you go this time? – Sky asked.

The vulnerability in her voice just broke everyone's heart who was witnessing this moment.

Chris shook her head and faintly smiled:

-       No. I'll never leave again. I promise.

Just with a little lie, Skylar immediately bought it and broke her embrace.

Skylar is just so naïve. Of course, she's gonna leave. Her family is in Paris, her life is in Paris. Why the hell should she stay?

-       Megan, get me a knife. – Sky demanded all of a sudden.

-       Honey. - Megan hugged her wife into her.

-       Bitch, I swear to God, if I don't have your contact number by the end of today or can't call you tomorrow, I'm gonna stab you for real.