10. nosey vampires

❝nosey vampires❞

❝nosey vampires❞

"ALRIGHT ROSEBUD, I NEED SOME ANSWERS." Damon approached the vampire who was hunched over on the couch, a frown crossing over his face when he saw her wipe underneath her eyes. "Oh, please don't tell me you're crying cause your buddy Trevor lost his head."

"Have you always been this sensitive?" Rose asked, dabbing a tissue beneath her eyes so she didn't ruin the makeup on her face.

Damon shrugged her off. "You know, there's a little vampire switch you can just pfft for this very reason. Takes the emotion right out of it."

"Yeah, you switch yours and I'll switch mine."

"Is that a dig?"

Rose shrugged, her cavalier attitude mirroring his own. "It's an observation. Hating your brother's girlfriend must cause some family drama that doesn't make anyone happy."

"My hatred of Elena has nothing to do with this." Damon gestured vaguely around the room, watching her observe him amusedly much to his increasing annoyance. He sped over to her, stopping a few inches away from her with a glare. "Don't get on my bad side."

"Then show me your good side." Rose came back with almost immediately, making him back away with a bitter smile.

"It died a very long time ago, Rosie." He winked at her, watching her roll her eyes at him. "Tell me how to find Klaus."

"You don't find Klaus, he finds you."

Damon faked irritance and turned away from her, missing the observant look that Rose gave him. "Come on. There's gotta be somebody somewhere who knows where he is, right?"

Rose shrugged, shoving her curiosity away. "Add another 200 somebodies to that, and you're still not even close."

"Humor me. You got in touch with Elijah. How'd you do it?"

"Through a very low somebody on the totem pole. A guy named Slater in Richmond."

"Perfect, I'll drive,"

"No." Rose immediately shot him down, gesturing to the sun shining outside. "You forget, not all of us can do sun."

Damon glanced out the window, and passed Rose with a pointed glare. "Then you drive."

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Damon got out of the blacked-out SUV with a roll of his eyes as he looked around the parking lot. "Back entrance. How convenient."

"That's the point." Rose glared at him. "We can't all have little daylight rings."

Damon lifted his hand up, flashing his ring smugly. "How do you know this Slater guy is even here?"