33. mommy dearest

❝mommy dearest❞

mommy dearest

"WE HAVE A PROBLEM." Elijah's voice rattles the group gathered in the living room, and they all look to the Original as he approaches with a frustrated look on his face.

Katherine looks around warily, eyeing the others gathered. Caroline was on the couch, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders and a textbook in her lap alongside a notebook. Damon was skimming the Gilbert journal again, most likely making sure he had answers as to where the massacre happened, and Rose was sitting in a chair, her head propped up on her hand and her eyes shut peacefully. 

"What's wrong?" Caroline sits up and closes the book in her lap, looking worriedly at Elijah.

"Isobel is back and Jonas left the Bennett witch with too many answers, and renewed powers."

His words make Katherine sit up straight, immediate panic filling her. "What? How do you know Isobel's back?"

"Stefan," Damon mutters irritatedly, wiping a hand over his mouth. He stands up, gesturing to the doppelgänger. "Katherine, you're coming with me."

She stands up willingly, but she can't help the confusion that floods her. "Where are we going?"

He smiles wanly, heading for the front door. "To crash a family reunion,"

"What about me? Elena won't suspect you if I go instead,"

Elijah shakes his head at Caroline's suggestion. "There's no point in covering it up anymore if Stefan has figured it out. Isobel returning is the catalyst to this entire situation. No doubt she's got some sort of trick up her sleeve."

"Besides, Caroline, Matt will need you around when he wakes up again." Rose's voice is soft, but sympathetic, and Caroline winces as she remembers Matt's presence in the room down the hall.

"Right, enough chit-chat. Katherine— shoes, coat, let's go." He snaps at the woman, earning a glare as she disappears to do as told.

Elijah stops Damon before he opens the front door. "If Stefan knows about you, be careful. We don't know what he could've told Isobel."

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Damon throws the front door to Elena's house open, a firm glare etched into his face as he and Katherine walk into the foyer.

They follow the echo of voices into the kitchen, and almost immediately his glare turns into a smirk at the sight of Isobel sitting before Stefan and Elena.

"Well, isn't this a sweet picture. Vampire mom meeting the vampire boyfriend," He nudges Katherine tauntingly. "Guess it runs in the family."

Katherine smirks when Isobel stands, looking between the two of them frightfully. "So, what are we talking about? Anything interesting?"