44. the not-so death of one

❝𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵-𝘴𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘦❞

"GOOD MORNING, SUNSHINE."

Damon smiled cheerfully as he opened the latched door into the cell in the basement, his eyes immediately falling on the bound and gagged werewolf sitting in the dirt.

Jules startles, but her eyes narrow into accusing slits when she catches sight of Damon. She grumbles something through the cloth in her mouth and Damon turns his head, cupping his ear. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that,"

She stays silent, and he chuckles lightly, dropping the plate of food he'd brought down to her. "So, good news and bad news," He reaches behind her and undoes the ties on her hands, watching her immediately reach for the gag in her mouth to pull it down around her throat.

Jules lets out a ragged breath and glares at Damon as she reaches for the food he'd brought. "What would that be?" Her hoarse throat burns as she talks, but she ignores the pain in favor of stuffing food into her mouth.

"Well, the good news is the full moon is tonight, which means you're a free woman."

She scoffs, looking away from the vampire. "You mean I'm dead tonight,"

"Well, yeah, that was part of the good news," He shrugs at her. "The bad news is, your little wolf buddy, Tyler, is back in town and I have this terrible feeling that he's going to cause problems that I don't want to deal with."

Jules's eyes widen and she stares at him in disbelief. "Tyler's back? Oh, thank god–"

"I wouldn't get too excited there, Balto, from what Klaus has said he's not Tyler's biggest fan."

"Tyler hasn't done anything." She looks at him, panic clear in her wide eyes. "If you leave Tyler alone, I'll go down without a fight, I promise."

He huffs an amused laugh. "You wouldn't have been much of a fight, anyways. You've been malnourished, and deprived of sunlight for a week. There's no competition here. You're dying tonight, and Tyler's life is up for grabs. Though I can't say I'm rooting for him at the moment, he's a little too possessive over a friend of mine."

"I promised Mason I'd keep Tyler safe if anything happened to him, just promise me you won't let Klaus kill him."

Damon lets out a heavy sigh, contemplating her words. He looks her face over, taking in the fear in her eyes with a heavy heart. Damon meets her eyes again, and shakes his head at the hopeful look growing. "No,"

He smirks, and locks the door behind him as he leaves, the sound of her angry screams following him up the stairs.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。