28. brother of mine

❝brother of mine❞

brother of mine

"HERE'S THE DEAL," Damon crouches down before Alaric, gripping the man's jaw tight and setting his head forward so he can't avoid Damon's stare. "I can't have you blabbing about this to anyone just yet, alright? So I have to do this."

Alaric's eyes fall into the dazedness of compulsion, and Damon continues, satisfied. "Anything you remember, you can't tell anyone about. No whispering, no talking, no writing it down. If you try to tell anyone what you know, I want you to rip out your own tongue. Got it?"

Ric nods, and Damon half-smiles, letting go of his friend's jaw and stepping backwards.

He unties Ric and helps him stand, patting his bloody chest where he'd been healed already. Ric shoves away from him with a glare and walks shakily towards the door. "You're a bastard."

Damon smirks and watches him go.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

"What'd Jonas have to say?"

Damon doesn't look up from the box of books he's going through because he doesn't need to in order to get the full effect of his brother's judgmental state.

"Elijah doesn't have a weapon to kill Klaus. But he thought that if a witch channeled enough power," Stefan shrugs, trailing off to the obvious answer.

Damon frowns, but it's hidden and disappears in a few seconds. "Great, so now what?"

Stefan sighs. "We need to find the place where those witches were killed. Have you found anything in the Gilbert journals, yet?"

"No. You'd think a man so obsessed with vampires would have more information on how to kill them." Damon drops one of the journals onto the table with a thud and gives Stefan a passive aggressive smile.

His brother sighs heavily and crosses his arms over his chest, looking at Damon contemplatively. "Are we ever going to talk about this?"

"Talk about what?" Damon keeps his voice pointedly disinterested, hoping Stefan will give up before he even starts.

"Your behavior. Your attitude."

He got his hopes up too soon.

Stefan steps towards him, dropping his arms and shoving his hands in his pockets. "You're off lately, Damon. Is there something going on? I know we didn't really like him, but I find it hard to believe you killed John just because he irritated you."

Damon sighs to himself. "I've killed other people for less, Stefan."

"Yeah, but not like this. You're not exactly a saint to begin with," Damon barks out a laugh at that, earning a pointed glare from his brother. "But you don't really care about what other people say about you, especially not to the point of murdering them."