22. a busy day

❝a busy day❞

a busy day

"WHAT'S GOING ON?"

"Well, I showered. I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed." Damon smirks at his reflection in the mirror as he talks to Stefan.

"Well that makes one of us."

Damon rolls his eyes at his brother's commentary. "Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night."

Stefan frowns. "How do you know?"

The raven haired vampire frowns at Rose as he walks into the kitchen, seeing her standing before the stove with a bowl of batter next to her. She waves him off and he sits at the counter before her, ignoring her disdain. "Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood. Thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to,"

"Killing Elijah."

Damon shared a wince with Rose, who flipped a neatly browned pancake on the stove. "Exactly."

"Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty."

Damon huffs a silent laugh at his brother's ire. "I've got the dagger,"

"He's an Original. We don't know what all that encompasses."

Rose pushes a plate of pancakes towards him, covered in butter and syrup. Damon looks at her confusedly and she makes an over-exaggerated gesture of taking a bite, making him roll his eyes at her. "Don't worry, Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my T's. Don't want any surprises."

"Wow, Damon. Tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once."

"Yes, Stefan," He sighs. "It's like I've become you. Newsflash, it's horrible." He doesn't wait for a response as he stuffs a bite of pancake in his mouth. "Gotta run. I've got a murder to plan– busy day."

He hangs up the phone and chews the pancake in his mouth, groaning at the wonderful taste. "These are amazing!" He points his fork at Rose. "How did you have time to learn how to make pancakes when you were on the run?"

Rose rolls her eyes at him. "I was a human once, too, you know that, right?"

Damon shrugs her off, looking around. "Where's Elijah?"

She flips another pancake, and grabs a plate for herself. "He left early. Something to do with Jenna, if I recall."

Damon perks up, his face lighting up with a devious smirk. "Where there's Jenna, there's Alaric."

Rose furrows her eyebrows at him. "What's that got to do with us?"

He stands up, pushing away his plate. "It means I've got to go meet Ric, because if I know him at all, he's done something to make an ass out of himself. I'll be back later, Rose, don't worry."