46. what we need

❝𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥❞

❝𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥❞

ELENA GASPED AS A RAPID KNOCKING ON HER FRONT DOOR INTERRUPTED THE SILENCE SHE'D ENVELOPED HERSELF IN. Confusedly, she got up from the couch, and opened the front door, her eyes widening when she saw Jeremy holding Bonnie up underneath his arm.

"What happened to you guys?"

Jeremy gives his sister an apologetic look as he helps Bonnie sit down on the couch. "Caroline found us,"

Elena's eyes widen in horror. "Caroline did this? How did she even know you were alive?"

Bonnie shakes her head, wincing as her shattered bones send shooting pains through her leg. "I don't know, but she found us. She– she snapped Jeremy's neck."

Jeremy holds up his hand, flashing his Gilbert ring. "I was lucky. But Bonnie exerted herself too much, and we only got out of there because of the witches."

Elena wipes a hand over her mouth, feeling the stress seep into her bones and weigh her down. "If Caroline knows, they all do. Klaus has got to know you're alive now,"

"It doesn't matter. I can still figure out how to save you," Bonnie shook her head stubbornly, wincing again through the aches in her leg.

"I'm not worried about me anymore, Bonnie. I just– I want you guys to be safe when I'm gone." 

"We can't just let them get away with all of this, Elena," 

The girl looks at them pleadingly. "If this happens the way it's supposed to, I'll be gone soon. And if you want to do anything for me before then, I just– I want you to be safe, and be happy. Even if it means letting them go. I'm so tired of everyone fighting. I just want it to be over with." 

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。 

Rosemary pulls her jacket on over her shoulders, pulling her long brown hair out from under it so it swishes against her back.

She glances out of the corner of her eye as they get in Damon's car, skidding through the gravel in the driveway to get to town as quickly as possible.

Katherine's silent, she has been since Damon and Klaus left, and Rosemary wouldn't call it uncomfortable so much as she would call it weird. It's odd being alone with the woman that killed you, and ruined your life for a few decades, but Rosemary meant what she said– she wasn't mad anymore.

As a vampire, she felt things more intensely, but she'd been alive long enough to know that the feelings she has are always extreme, and she's long since learned that some things you have to accept and move on, especially if you're immortal.