26. bad guy

❝bad guy❞

bad guy

"YOU'VE TRULY DONE IT THIS TIME, DAMON." Elijah shakes his head, tightening the ropes around Alaric's bound wrist as he huffs and puffs about the study. "How did you not hear him coming?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," Damon scoffed, wiping the dagger on the bottom of his shirt. "I was a little busy murdering somebody."

Elijah stands up and looks at Damon irritatedly. "Well, what are we supposed to do now?"

"I don't–"

"I heard a commotion, is everything alright–" Rose trails off as she takes in the scene before her. John, dead on the floor, and Alaric temporarily dead and tied to a chair with Damon and Elijah standing amidst it all. "What on earth is going on in here?"

"Damon is an idiot."

The vampire glares at Elijah, giving Rose a petulant look. "How was I supposed to know my actions would have consequences?"

Rose is speechless for a moment before she takes a few steps towards them. "There's no use in fighting, boys, it won't get us anywhere. Right now we need to figure out what we're going to do because his girlfriend is out there with her annoying friend, and he's dead!"

"Right," Damon wipes a hand down his face. "I forgot about that part."

Rose sighs frustratedly. "Now obviously we can't let Alaric go yet, but we've got to get rid of the dead body, and take care of the two humans out there."

"I'll take care of John," Elijah walks over to his body where's laying out on the floor like some underwhelming display in a museum. "My brother will want to hear that the job is done, anyways."

Rose nods in agreement and looks to Damon. "We can't risk Alaric blabbing his mouth and you know him best out of all of us, so you need to take care of that. I'll compel the girls away, say something about the men getting too drunk for the public right now."

Damon nods in agreement with her makeshift plan, shifting his weight from leg to leg.

"Alright then," She sighs and turns around, heading back out the door towards the dining room.

The two watch her go, her presence brief but noted. Elijah breaks their silence with a small chuckle, shaking his head. "She's quite good at all this."

Damon hums curiously at the oddly awestruck look on Elijah's face. "Yeah, she is,"

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

The vibration of Damon's phone brings him out of the calm state he'd fallen into sitting before Ric, waiting for him to wake up. He grabs for the device, a short sigh leaving his lips as he reads his brother's name on the screen.