45. yes i can (no you can't)

❝𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 (𝘯𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵)❞

"CAROLINE SEEMS TO THINK THAT ELENA'S LITTLE WITCH FRIEND IS ALIVE."

Damon winces when he hears Klaus, but tenses when his words process. "Bonnie's alive? How?"

"Apparently she had a plan of her own," Klaus rolls his eyes, standing across from Damon in the living room of the Boarding House. "I told Caroline not to seek her out, we have too much riding on the line for tonight."

"Bad idea,"

"Excuse me?"

Damon rolls his eyes at the hybrid. "Here's a tip for future reference; never tell Caroline Forbes she can't do something, because she will absolutely do it out of spite."

"You know, I think I like her a lot,"

Both of the men look over at Rosemary, who's been lounging silently through their entire conversation. Truth be told, she'd gotten bored quickly once Elijah and Rose left to do whatever it is they got up to on their own, and Katherine retreated to her bedroom after Stefan showed up.

"That's very helpful input, Rosemary, thank you," Klaus glares at her, and she huffs a laugh.

"Just doing my part, Nik,"

He grumbles unintelligibly under his breath and turns his attention back to Damon. "You think Caroline's gone to find Bonnie, then? Where could she be?"

"I don't know. Stefan isn't staying at Elena's anymore, but there's no way he's hiding Bonnie out somewhere, they only speak to one another because of Elena."

Klaus runs a hand over his face. "If she goes after Bonnie, she'll end up dead. She's not as powerful as I am,"

"Careful, Klaus, you're starting to sound like you care," Rosemary looked at him curiously, storing the defensive look he sent her way for later.

"I care when she plays an integral part in breaking my curse. It'd be useless to let her walk into a death trap."

"Caroline's in trouble? How?" Katherine appeared in the living room in a blur, her eyes wide with worry.

Rosemary sits up, figuring the conversation is only going to escalate and there's no point in her trying to relax any longer.

"She told Klaus she thinks Bonnie is alive," Damon informs the brunette, watching her eyes widen with realization. "Yeah, and Klaus here told Caroline she couldn't go after her, and now none of us can find her."