#5 The Interrogation

It was a tensed atmosphere.My dad
Sitting on his armchair with one leg over the other ,and smoking his Cuban cigar,while my mum was fidgeting with hem of her  grey skirt nervously,karen was asked to stay inside her room.

Two well built officers ,dressed up in pristine uniform were sitting on the maroon leather sofa.
The taller officer with red hair sipped the tea and put down the cup in coaster with a clink.
He cleared his throat and spoke
"Miss Meghan green,hope to finally see you.,I am Michael swift and this is my investigating partner louis pitt ,it took us long to get an appointment with you as your lawyer didn't let us get to you".

"My name is specter ,Meghan Specter"I corrected them
Both officers looked in confusion to each other and then handed me a thin grey cardboard file.
I opened and looked through

"No mess can be messy       incorporation
Maid's vital
Name :Meghan green
Age: 27 year old
Date of birth:11 Sept 1992
Father's name:Nicolas green
Mother's name:Rachel green
Height:5'7"
Skills: excellent in all sort of house chores.
Reference:Andrew sandalls.
"
I finished reading the profile,and clapped hand to my forehead,my wavy hair fell on my face,I tried to hide my tears.
They lied to me,I exhaled a long sigh.They all played me from day one but why.
"Miss green,have you seen this man,do you remember anything about him?"
The officer with jet black hair and bronze eyes interrupted my fountain of thoughts.
He showed me a picture of guy in his early twenties,dark brown long hair till ears, rectangular white specs,his long eyelashes half- hid his sea green eyes and his rosy red lips were turned into a crooked smile.
It was the same guy from the picture I found in my closet.but neither I remember him nor I want to drag karen into this.
"Sorry officer,I don't"I replied instantly.

"I think we should end the interrogation officers" Harvey interrupted
"You already have broken a federal law by delaying the interrogation and lying to Miss green about her identity,you have right to remain silent Mr.specter otherwise your words can and may be used against you if needed" the officer with red hair spoke with a commanding voice.
Harvey took another swig of his Cuban cigar and glared the officers.

"This is Danielle Williams,son of Arnold Williams who are your neighbors.He too disappeared the night you were gone,hopefully we found you but he is still missing.
We need your help to find him,so any memory will help"the officer continued calmly.
"I want to help you officer but I don't remember anything,my memory is sort of erased"I chuckled at last part.

"Other neighbors like zane ,they have reported that they saw you with him many times,you were probably dating him"the other officer spoke.

On hearing these words ,the humor in me died,was I dating him but he seems almost 5-6 years younger than me.I was puzzled.
"Officers,you have my full cooperation,but you have to be patient with me,I need to first find who am I"I requested gently.
The officers nodded and they got up to leave.
One of the officer with black hair dropped his pen and we both bent down to pick it up when he softly murmered in my ear "nice act,val".
And then they left.I couldn't focus on what he said because I had other pressing matters on my hands.
The moment door closed,I turned around on my heels and started yelling on top of my lungs"Are you people retarted!!!!!!,you people lied straight to my face.I have a family out there ,who might be in need of me and here I m being interrogated,and that too in house of frauds"I completed the sentence while breathing heavily.

"You have no family,you parents died in 9/11 attack,thats what you told me,you were working as maid in our house for past 3 months.you want to leave you can unless you want to sleep on streets with dogs or possibly sleep with men"he said with a smirk.
I couldn't believe that he was still so calm about all the chaos.
"I want to leave,I will prefer to sleep on footpath in cold than to be in warm with snakes"I metaphorically shouted.
"We are not too keen to have you in family,but being your client I had to take your responsibility when I got call from hospital.you should be grateful to me you little whore"he said hoarsely while advancing towards me.
I stepped back in fear and found myself at the end ,pushed on the door.
"You have to stay here for few more days till investigation is over,and that is order of new York police department,you get it"he said through gritted teeth while playing with lock of my hair.
I was petrified,his warm breath were all over my face,I turned my face towards Donna who was seeing me pity fully.I pushed him a little and ran towards the door of my room with tears falling down like rain drops .I jumped on my bed with my face stuffed in pillow so that no one could hear my blood -striking screams.
"So you really didn't know about all this" karen spoke and made herself comfortable on the chair next to the closest.
"NOW.IS.NOT.THE.TIME.KAREN"I screamed through my pillow.
"Well,if you want to know your past I can tell,you were just a loser maid who came in new York with big dreams,but had something suspicious in mind,you were always searching through drawers and pockets of this house,well, not to mention your frenzy relationship with Danielle.I dont know what he saw in you anyway,but you were just a little slut who would sleep with anyone for few dollars",she said all this while walking towards the door to get out of the room .
I lost my temper,and threw my slipper right at her which she ducked and then then left room laughing wickedly.

I have no one to trust,I was right about not trusting anyone, nor loving anyone.
This line sounded familiar to me.
I was sobbing when suddenly again my vision attacked me but this time it was somewhere else,
A huge condo, with spectacular furnishing, I and some other girl were drinking martini on the kitchen's counter.
She was a tall blond, with blue eyes and Victoria's Secret model figure.
We both were laughing when I spilled my martini on her cabinet.
She didn't seem furious in fact she laughed and wiped it with a table cloth and shaking her head jubilantly.
"I m so happy, you broke up with him Val, you can do a lot better".she said.
I responded with a laugh but then suddenly everything went grey and then black and then again I was back in the bright light of my room.
I was breathing heavily, I shut my eyes to remember what I saw, I tried to remember every single bit.
I decided to write everything about my vision in a diary, it's important, these memories are only true elements of myself.
I decided that I will visit my neighbour "the Williams" it might trigger some of my memory.
I was wandering in the room when my foot hit the wooden decorative block near my bed. It was hollow, I  turned it upside down and found a little Fingerprint sensor,
I hesitantly pressed my thumb on it and it beeped and the little portal opened.
I emptied the whole content and was shocked to find the various items.
There was a notebook, a cell phone,
Sunglasses which seemed more than normal glasses.
I turned that cellphone on, and it greeted me with the words "F.B.I".
But it was asking for an access key to go further.
I entered my birthdate but it beeped "wrong key".
I ruffled the pages of a diary in it, which had certain phone numbers with initials like S, J, M but no name.
The sunglasses were a gadget used to look through solid using some thermal energy radiations.
I was baffled, it seems like that these people are not just a normal family but more than that.