21

Previously
'What an event today. I wonder what he would surprise us with next.'

No One's POV

The students were all taking as usual, and questioning about the addition of two tables and chairs, assuming that there will be two students enrolling in.

They were right.

But they did not know it was the two guests from yesterday.

They got along quickly, but Ash was still a bit wary about them but kept it to himself.

He and Gary got through the trials pretty smoothly. There was a small hiccup when it came to getting the Grassium Z, Ash not wanting to burn down the forest.

Gary only did some of the trials before Ash so they won't have to wait for the totem pokémon to be fully healed.

It did not surprise the students that they got through quite smoothly.

Seeing their battle yesterday made an impression that they were strong trainers - more of a researcher and a trainer.

They were shocked that Gary says that he is not a trainer but is now a researcher. Saying he did the trial because it was a challenge and also he was doing the same research as Professor Kukui.

They were interested with Ash's Lycanroc as it was neither the Midday nor Midnight form.

Kiawe was currently talking about his experience with battling with the Kahuna Oliva, Gary was going first, then Ash.

=Timeskip=

Today was Ash's turn. Gary was successful and got the Rockium Z. Now they were spectating the battle between the two.

"I choose Lycanroc and Probopass" Oliva smiled.

"A double battle? When I battled her it was a one v one" Kiawe said shocked.

"I have a hunch she is testing his communication skills with his partners. That is the focus of double battles, after all, a trainer having to split their attention to the two pokémons." Gary commented, looking forward to the battle.

"That seems hard," Lilie said worriedly.

"Well, I don't think Ash would have a problem with that" Sophocles said confidently.

"We will have to wait and see I guess," Mallow said.

"Alright Lycanroc and Lucario, let's battle!" Ash says as Dusk Lycanroc and Lucario appeared with a cry.

"Wow, what's that blue Jackel's name?" Lana asks curiously.

"I think it is a Lucario?" Lilie says, unsure.

"Yep, it is, " Gary confirms.

"This will be a two v two. Let the battle begin!"

"Rock Throw, Close Combat" The two did not hesitate to carry out the attack, Lucario running towards the duo while Lycanroc used Rock Throw, keeping its distance.

"United formation!" Olivia shouts.

Probopass goes behind Lycanroc, waiting for their commands.

"Lycanroc Rock throw! Probopass Rock Smash!"

'Use Accelerock and crunch to cover Lucario'

'On it.'

Ash's Lycanroc disappeared from its original spot and reappeared behind Probopass.

"Using Accelerock to get behind the opponent and attack, smart. Making use of the speed" Gary says analysing the battle.

Before Probopass got a chance to attack, was hit with Crunch forcing the Compass pokémon to stop its attack and it got hit with a super-effective Close Combat.