~What Do I Do When Papa's On The Road To Recovery?~

Camila's P.O.V.

Yesterday was truly crazy. I felt like I was in a rollercoaster with the fact that from being so happy in spending almost the whole weekdays with Shawn to being so nervous and worried when I learned about what happened to Papa.

It was so nerve wreaking and heart pounding, it felt like it was a matter of life and death for my Papa if I still keep refusing to let him undergo the operation. My mind was telling me to be practical, to transfer him to his past doctor who seemed to only keep giving him high price vitamins and pills that he needed to take which doesn't even have that much effect.

My pride went in the way and I wasn't thinking straight, if it weren't for Shawn then maybe Papa's life would've been in a more great danger or worse... maybe he's not even here with me at this point. I might've acted and gotten so angry with Shawn last night but I was so thankful of him as he had saved my father's life even with just a small decision like that.

I know for a fact that I owe everything to Shawn now, he had helped me in so many ways and especially in keeping my father's life secure. Without him I don't thin I would be able to be this contented and calm seeing that my father is just sleeping for a few hours and not sleeping for eternity.

Just as I entered the private ward that Shawn had requested to the hospital, I found Mama sitting on the stool beside Papa with her arms folded on the bed as she rests. She was sleeping peacefully beside Papa who was also resting since the operation, he hasn't woekn up but they say that it was one of the side effects of the anesthesia.

The love that they both have for each other was so strong that it moved me to suddenly realize that marriage is something sacred and shouldn't ever be tarnished. It is the union between two people who loves and cherishes each other, who trusts and stay forever by each other's side.

This is what true love is...

Slowly, I made my way close to Mama and rested my hand on her shoulder, I shook her softly to wake her and not to hopefully startle her. My heart melted in pure awe, seeing and realized how truthful they are in their vows. She stayed by her side no matter what happens even now that Papa's not even conscious.

"Mama, I bought food for you. You should eat breakfast and head home tonight, Sofia and Skyler are getting so worried of you. They wanted to come here today but I told them that they can come only if you go home and rest"

Skyler almost passed out while crying last night, when I told him about how his Popa, as he calls him was admitted to the hospital and had a great sickness. He kept wanting to come just so he could kiss his Popa's sickness away, he knew that it wouldn't happen though as he already knows the reason why we have the doctors.

If was just one of his own way to say that he wanted to be there for his grandfather who might've feel so lonely and afraid as he thought. Skyler was so close to his grandparents especially to Papa, he's the only father figure he had seen while growing up andi think that bond grew to be so precious and dear to my son.

"I'll just stay here Camila, you can leave me be here. I need to take care of your father, I can't leave him when he needs me. He's still asleep but I know that he would wake up sooner or later"

You couldn't deny that Mama looked so tired and worn out at this point, she might've cried herself to sleep last night as she got so worried when Papa still won't wake up after 4 hours in the surgery. Her eyes were red and swollen and her whole skin got so pale, I think she only had 3 hours of sleep as she was really waiting for Papa to wake up.

"I know mama, but you also need to rest. You have to go back home and let me stay here, let me take care of papa this time"

"You know what I'm going to say to that Camila. I am your father's wife, wherever he is I would be there by his side and I wouldn't leave him even if he's here bedridden. I will just stay beside him whether you like it or not and there is no way that you can stop me from doing that" She muttered, her hands softly caressing Papa's hand that were seemingly coming back to normal instead of those yellowish skintone that he had then.