~What Was Her Secret?~

Shawn's P.O.V.

As far as I could remember, cars the most seen thing and was also close to my liking throughout my whole life. Granddad, dad and even Connor had each of their own collections from the oldest type to the new ones that we even own a whole garage with the size of a mansion.

Dad always loved them with the thought of seeing it as a vehicle that can actually transport us from one place to another. Those cars actually were more than things for our family, they also are our source of income and with the thought of providing safe and comfort for those families who needs to travel, granddad chose to use that as our business.

When I was young I really do love playing toy cars just like Connor. I even remember the two of us fighting over that single silver sports car because that was what we both wanted then when we were young. In the end dad chose to give it to me being the eldest and the one assigned to take over the company someday, then we actually took Connor to the store and let him choose whatever he wants.

He chose a race car to my surprise.

Since then mom and dad knew that Connor has a racer in his blood just like what granddad has. Granddad badly wanted to be a racer then but due to the poverty of life, his dream turned from being a racer to owning several collection of luxurious cars as well as affordable ones that are suited for family.

Connor and I grew up fighting over cars, it might be funny when being recalled back but it is the truth. We both love cars equally but his passion for it somehow grew more and deeper as when we grow up he was more inclined seeing how he kept joining every race there is.

There was a time that I thought I could never hate cars...

I just fell in love with it. The way it provides safety and comfort when travelling, the way it looked cool and somehow luxurious when it actually is just cheap and affordable.

In women, bags, heels and jewelries are the things they brag about when they're with their friends. For us men, we use cars as our way of expressing ourselves and also in acting arrogant. Somehow our arrogance and confidence also matches with the cars especially the sport car which is my actual favorite among them.

Yet there also is a time where I detested it and almost chose to leave the company.

Now it also ruined my life with accidents... The first one made me loss my memories, I couldn't understand what happened in that one day, in that one special yet blank day in my life.

I just know that somehow, that day in San Fransisco is something special. The thought of it just made my heart skip a beat, as if my heart could remember that day even if my mind can't...

It was filled with love...

And I know that it has something to do with that woman whom I keep seeing in the dreams I have.

My second accident in my life almost made me lose my life and I fear that I might not be able to be with the people I love especially my wife and our children. I was so scared to die because I would leave them just when they still need me especially Skyler who loved me so much and our baby that crushses my heart whenever I thought of not holding him even once in my arms.

I thought I really was going to die. It hurts everywhere, my mind was in a total bliss, my eyes were seemingly damaged as all I could see was pitch dark black. I couldn't move my limbs and I fear that I might not be able to move all parts of my body with just one wrong move.

That day showed me my biggest fear. Leaving my wife and our children, I'd probably regret doing that stupid bet with Connor then if only I knew that an accident would happen between the both of us.