Chapter 1: Moving Along.

I rush across the busy street, and straight into the office building, checking my watch one last time, wishing that the time would go back a few minutes so I wasn't late. I click my heels as I stand in the elevator, waiting for it to arrive at the top floor, and when it does I rush past the front desk, and straight to my office, sitting quickly and opening my sketch book, and my laptop. I quickly pretend to be scribbling on the paper, and just like clockwork my door opens.

"El.. lovely to see you this afternoon. Did you start on some of the MET Gala designs? I know it's October but, you know that people want to get started early." Alessandro is peaking through the door, and I smile, and nod, pointing to my sketch book.

"Just trying to get some ground work sketching done first." I tell him, and he smirks at me.

"I'll be leaving a bit early today, got some things I need to take care of...Try not to be late next time." He smiles, and me and I sigh, he always knows, I'm not sure why I thought he wouldn't.

"Sorry!" I call out as he closes the door to my office. I put my pencil down, and take a deep breath, turning my chair around and looking at the view. Milan never gets less beautiful. It's been around four months since I got here, four months of getting used to living a completely new life.

My flat is within walking distance of the office, and I made sure it had a beautiful view as well, I want to take every bit of this city in that I can.

The first month was absolute shit. After I left L.A I went back to the city. I called Anthony, I called all the girls from the office and they came right away. They felt bad, telling me that it was going to be okay, that heartbreak dulls over time... All the basic things people say after a break up.

We had hardly started dating before we ended things, I don't even know if you'd have considered us dating... I didn't want it though... I wanted him to call me, to text me... anything. He didn't though.

The girls threw me a going away party, and I tried to have fun but it was hard to do it, hard to pretend like my heart didn't hurt the way it did. I got to Milan, I moved into my apartment alone. A new city, a new job, and all I knew was Alessandro, my boss.

I was prepared for the newness of everything, I had that confidence but I was scared.

After moving in I found the cafe, two streets away from my flat. I found myself there more often than not. Despite how pathetic and helpless, I picked up my own copy of that book, Norwegian Wood, the one he was reading before he left me, before I left him...

I went to the cafe every day, trying to find some time to drink italian coffee, and listen to the street noise, and that's when I met Milo. He always served me that coffee, bringing it to my table. He was one of the first people I met that spoke english fluently.

He noticed that I was always there alone, and he invited me to an art gallery, figured I was new to the city, and that I should get out. El from last year would have declined politely, but I also wouldn't have spent my free time at a cafe because I didn't have any free time. I thought Milo was gay when we first met, but to my surprise he had a girlfriend, a serious girlfriend named Angelina. She's one of the kindest people I know.

Anthony kept calling, he never misses a call. He stopped asking me about Harry, but he never stopped telling me about him, where he was, and what he was doing. I pretended not to care, but I did care, I still do.

I tried calling but he never answered, and he never called back. I was hurt, but I knew that would happen. I hang out with Milo just about every other day. Milo, Angelina, and I spend our time in the city, in one of our flats... anywhere. They've showed me around the city, brought me to Milo's gallery.