Chapter 24: Treat People With Kindness.

A/N: El's outfit for later on!

EL'S POV:

    We left Mexico two days after the shoot ended, and we all left together. I don't think I've ever been more sad to leave a place than I was leaving Cancun. I've been home for a few days now. Harry's birthday is tomorrow, and I've been struggling with what to buy him, what to get him. I told him about my struggle, and he suggested nothing at all, and I think it's only fair to get him nothing because he won't be getting me anything for my birthday considering he doesn't know it's three days after his. I've been at my apartment, and Anthony hasn't really left my side since. Harry has been writing songs, things he got inspiration from while we were in Mexico. I'm still nervous to hear it all, but I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt me intentionally. My phone interrupts my thoughts as I sit at my desk, people milling around the shop.
    "Hello?" I ask, pushing myself away from the desk.
    "El! How was your trip? I'm assuming you're home now?" Alessandro asks, and I smile as I hear his voice.
    "Yes, we're all home safe and sound now, and the trip was amazing. The video went really well, and the outfits looked amazing." I tell him, feeling proud of myself still.
    "How many was it again? Nine outfits right? El, I hope you're not overworking yourself. Nine outfits in that short of a time is a lot of work... Have you ever thought about getting a team together again, having some people working by your side?" He asks, and I smile, my thoughts from before the trip coming back.
    "I've actually been meaning to ask you... My best friend Anthony, he's working at the headquarters here in LA, but I was wondering if I could steal him away... We work so well together, and he's worked with Harry before as well, I think it would fit perfectly, and we would make great stuff for you, Harry, and the company." I tell him, keeping my strength, knowing there's a big chance he won't go for this.
    "El, if it would make your workload easier, and more enjoyable then I don't see a problem with it. I'll contact the head of the LA branch, and send over my stamp of approval, you talk to Anthony, and tell him... I did need to talk to you about something else." He tells me, and I tilt my head, instantly getting scared. "I need you in Milan at the start of next week." He tells me, and I sit up instantly. "Well you, and Anthony actually." He tells me, adding my new partner in crime to the list.
    "What for?" I ask, not really knowing what else to say.
    "The Gucci cruise show is at the end of the week, and I need you there to help me with model fittings, and things like that, just tying ends, and figuring things out. You've always been great with styling things, and it would help me out a lot. You can book the flight for yourself, and Anthony tonight, and I'll make sure there's a hotel for you when you get here." He tells me, and it seems like I have no choice but to say yes.
    "Alright, I'll talk to Anthony, and Harry tonight." I tell him, agreeing.
    "Speaking of Harry, I need him at the show to actually perform... You can pick something for him to wear from the showroom, same for yourself. He doesn't need to be there until the actual show though." He tells me, and I nod, the feelings entering my chest. I don't get a second to breath ever. It's like one thing on top of the other, and though this sounds fun, this means I'll be leaving Harry for days on end.
    "I'll let him know, and fit him for something tonight alright?" I ask, and I can hear his smile from the other line.
    "Perfect. Thank you El, I know I can always count on you." He tells me, and I feel better about all of this when I hear those words. He can always count on me... As I hang up the phone I start dialing Anthony.
    "What do you want? I'm on my break at work El." He mumbles, and he's not happy, seemingly stressed.
    "Well you won't have to be there for much longer... I've got some good news, you can always say no, remember that." I tell him, and I hear him sit down on the other end.
    "What's up?" He asks, his voice lighter now.
    "I just talked to Alessandro, and I might have asked if there was anyway to have you on my team, but not as a team member, kind of like a co designer... A partner in crime." I use my terminology, and hear nothing for a few seconds.
    "Do I pack up my desk right now, because I'd be more than happy to do it. El, I don't know how you led a team back in New York... God you're like the angel bearing great tidings, and good joy." He breathes into the phone, and I smile.
    "He's going to make a call tomorrow to your boss, then we're working together again...The team is back together again! Speaking of, we're going to Milan at the start of next week, so get ready for a vacation." I tell him, and I hear him give a cheer from the other end, causing me to smile.
    "A vacation already? See, this is why you're the best, because you bring hot men, vacations, and fun adventures. El, I could kiss you right now." He tells me, and there's a buzz from the door, and I have a strong feeling I know who it is.
    "Well you can't because Harry is here, and I need to fit him for a suit for next week. I'll see you soon, I love you." I tell him, and he returns the words, and hangs up as I buzz Harry in. My smile begins to fade as I know he's walking up the stairs. I'm excited to be working for Alessandro, I'm excited to be working by my best friend again, but I'm not excited to do it thousands of miles away from him.  He walks through the door, and I throw myself on my couch with all the force in my body.
    "What did that couch ever do to you?" He asks with a laugh, and I sit myself up, slouching over.
    "I've got some news for you." I tell him, and he smiles.
    "I've got some news for you as well... You go first, assuming yours is bad news considering I just saw you throwing yourself on the couch in such a dramatic state." He sits next to me, and I roll my eyes at him as he keeps the same bright smile.
    "I've got to go to Milan at the start of next week, there's an event that they've asked me to set up, and style models for, and things like that... Also Anthony is working for me again, and he'll be helping me design everything from now on... And another thing,  you have to be in Milan at the end of next week for the cruise show, and I need to style you in something tonight for that." I tell him everything one after the other, and he nods his head to every bit of it, listening in.
    "I guess it's perfect timing then. I was actually planning to backpack for a little bit... I need to finish writing, finish this album, tie up all the loose ends on the songs, and last album I got a lot of inspiration when I traveled so I feel like I need to do it again." He tells me and my heart sinks.
    "Where are you going?" I ask, and he shrugs.
    "Through Paris, Rome, and I'll meet you Milan maybe.. It's not really set, just me and some friends. Kid is going to be there... I'll leave the same day you do, and meet you in Milan, not a second longer than it needs to be I promise... I just didn't know how you'd feel about it, but now that you're already going to be gone, it'll be fine." He tells me, and I stand up, going to the kitchen, opening the medicine cabinet.
    "Yea, fine.." I mumble a little too loudly.
    "Why are you looking at this as a bad thing... This is not a bad thing...right?" He asks, and I give him a look. "You're worried about us...aren't you?" He asks, approaching me.
    "I'm not... I guess I'm... I don't know." I tell him truthfully, and he sighs.
    "This is a good thing... We're going to do good things. You're working with Anthony again, and you're going to Milan, so you can see your friends like you wanted... I'm going to get this album all finished, and then we're going to be back together again. What's scaring you?" He asks, and I shrug.
    "It's not us... I know we're going to be fine, it's me. I've just got a lot on my shoulders right now, and I don't know how I'm going to handle being gone from you for so long. Every time we've been apart we haven't been together like we are now, and I'm not sure what my brain is going to do when I can't just drive to your house when I want to see you." I tell him truthfully.
    "Your brain will count down the days, and it'll make the day we reunite so much better. I promise... You're going to be fine, you won't miss me too much, and you're not going to let it take over okay? Did you think about maybe stopping by your parents house before you fly over to Milan, maybe leaving a day early?" He asks, and I furrow my brows.
    "Why? Is something going on, did they call you?" I ask quickly, knowing my mom would call him, and tell him what's going on considering I haven't yet.
    "No, I just figured it'd be nice for you to see them again, continue to visit." He tells me nonchalantly, but I know him, and he's not the kind of person to just throw things around like that. He has a purpose behind everything he says.
    "Maybe... I need to fit you for the cruise show, is that okay?" I ask him, brushing past his suggestion about my parents.