Chapter 40: Slow Burn.

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!! LAST CHAPTER!!!! SORRY(,:

EL'S POV:

I finish with the last pair of pants as we drive from the to the first show venue, Harry is in the car with me this time instead of Anthony, and it all feels so weird. We're on tour again, we're on tour and it feels.... It feels so good to be able to do this, to go travel, and see things, and just be with Harry, and my best friends. This time will be different though, the best kind of different. This time there won't be arguments, there won't be jealousy, or secrets, or hidden love. This time we're both open, we're both free, we're both happy, and we're both comfortable. This really will be like the first time all over again. It wasn't as stressful styling and designing this time either, everything having been toned down on his end. He's going a different route with clothes, and though I continually throw it around that he dresses like a dad, or a grandpa, he doesn't care, and oddly enough I don't either.
"Eleanorrrr." He mumbles, and I turn to him in the car, and he turns my face. We're here, and I jump out of the car practically, Bo following behind me. I leave everything behind as I walk into the venue, and go straight to the dressing room, knowing who will be in there. My eyes fall on my mom first, and I restrain myself from tackling her, from taking her down with me. She never saw Harry last tour, she's never seen him perform a single time, and this will be her first. I haven't seen her since Christmas, and it's not either of our faults. She's living the best life she can... She always sends me pictures, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss her more than anything.
"Hi momma." I mumble, my face in the crook of her neck. It's odd how the tables turn so suddenly. I always thought that her hugs were so intense, so tight, and suffocating, but now I'm the one giving the bone crushing hug... I missed her.
"Ellie Mae... It feels so good to hug you." She mumbles, squeezing me back, and I smile, pulling back.
"Are you ready for tonight?" I ask her, and she nods, pulling back.
"Harry, that album has been on repeat for me son... Every single song is a masterpiece if I'd ever heard one." She tells him, sitting back down on the couch. I turn to see Harry having entered the room now, bringing all my things with him.
"Well thank you... I really appreciate that." He smiles, setting my stuff down.
"Is it my turn for a hug? Or am I going to get ignored?" Anthony asks me, and I jump to him, hugging his body to mine. I haven't seen him since the Falling music video. I hate not seeing him, not seeing my mom, but I love my life... I love where I am right now, and I love that Harry is beside me in that. I love that I feel proud of myself.
"God, I'm so ready to spend the next nine months with you." I mumble, hugging him.
"You better leave the hotel room this time." He jokes, and I pull back giving him the look.
"We're gonna party every night." I do a little dance, and Harry rolls his eyes at me as the door opens revealing Gemma, Anne, Helene, and Jeffrey.
"Oh Annie!" My mom jumps up, and goes to Harry's mother who has open arms.
"How are you Suz? You look lovely this evening." She mumbles, and their friendship has grown over the past year or so since they first met. They don't see each other often but my mom tells me how they go on calls for hours, trying to teach each other things about cooking, and stuff like that over the phone, and it's sweet. If anything I'm happy there is a friendship, I've heard too many horror stories of the parents hating each other, and I could not have handled that. Gemma comes to me and we hug once more, it's been a long time since the last one. Everyone settles in, and Kate moves in soon after, her face so refreshing... The team is back again.
"This is so... it's so odd being back in this room, all of us at the same time, but everything is different." Kate mumbles working away.
"Last time we were here, El hardly spoke, Anthony was the wild one, and none of us knew them." Helene, the woman of very few words speaks over us, and I smile at her words.
"How long has it been? It feels like an eternity ago..." Anthony mumbles, and I look at the date seeing April 14th.
"February of 2018 was the first time I met Harry..." I tell them, and Harry turns his head in the mirror.
"February ninth." He corrects me, and it's sweet that he remembers the date.
"Tour started... March 11th... It's been over two years.. I've known most of you for two years now." I tell them, knowing besides Anthony, these are some of the longest relationships I've had.
"We're glad the two of you stuck around." Jeffrey adds in, and I smile at Jeffrey. He truly is like a dad to some of us, but he's more of a best friend to Harry... Mitch, and Jeffrey take care of him, just like him and Anthony take care of me. Kate soon after finishes with his hair, and I get the first tour outfit ready, knowing it's just like last time... Only the big nights are planned, and this one, this one is great. He changes in the room, and comes to me, leaving the cuffs undone, and his shirt open though he could do it on his own he always does this, he always leaves it open for me, it's ritual at this point. Helene takes pictures, close ups of my hands buttoning his shirt, and some far away as well. Anthony pulls his phone out too, his eyes soft.
"Are you... Anthony are you crying?" I ask as he snaps pictures. We both stare at his teary eyes, and he throws his hand up.
"You two are just... you're so cute, and you've come so far.." He over exaggerates his tears, and Harry opens an arm up to him.
"Come here." He mumbles, and Anthony comes forward, both Harry and I hugging him. The room clears, and Anthony and I will be watching from the front tonight, my mother, Anne and Gemma having seats toward the middle of the arena. The others are escorted away, and I am walking in that direction until I feel a hand on me, pulling me back. "You always try to get away before I go on stage." He mumbles, and pulls me close.
"I always forget I'm sorry." I mumble, and he kisses the palm of my hand, letting it go as I place it on his cheek, feeling the softness of his skin. "Still wearing these I see?" I pull a little on the pearls around his neck, and he smiles.
"They were a present from someone I love... Of course I'm still wearing them... I look pretty damn good in em too." He mumbles, starting to give me a little pose, and I pull him back before he can, rolling my eyes.
"Enough of that." I joke, and he grabs me again.
"Thank you for being here again... for doing this again." He mumbles, and I furrow my brows.
"I'm doing this forever... My career is your career, the other way around as well. I design, I style, you work, that's how it is... Our jobs coincide, meaning I will be doing this for the rest of my life... as long as you'll let me." I smile, and he leans forward, his lips on my forehead, a camera flash stopping us.
"I couldn't help myself, I'm sorry." Helene mumbles, and neither of us care. He turns his attention back to me, and I look up to him.
"I wouldn't have this any other way darling." He tells me, and I hug him, burying myself into the crook of his neck.
"I love you forever bub, good luck." I mumble, and he pulls back.
"I love you darling." He meshes together with me, kissing me quickly, and I try to move away but he pulls me back. "One more..." He mumbles, and I mouth the words as he does, knowing he was going to do it. He always does. I kiss him again, and then move towards the venue entrance, moving to find Anthony, standing at the lip of the stage. The audience is more intense with this show, screaming louder, giving him more energy, and he's eating it up right now. He sings through some of the songs, and he continues to look over here, he continues to smile while singing the lyrics, his dimple coming to his cheek, his eyes glancing over at me. I am more than ready for this, more than ready for anything that is thrown my way this entire tour.