Chapter 8: Love Lies.

A/N: okay be prepared for Harry's POV in some of these upcoming chapters!!!! I wanted to try something new, and give you a look into his mind through all of this!

I wake up, and feel the stiffness of my back wondering why- my pillow... my pillow isn't my pillow at all, my pillow is a man, a man named Harry fucking Styles dammit. I sit up, and see his house surrounding me, looking at the mess that surrounds me. I'm seeing it in the daylight now, and it's insane seeing everything this way. I know he's a tidy person, I can tell that much, and this seems to be very unusual. I sit up carefully, and he groans, rolling on his side now, curling into a small ball. I stand up, and push my hair out of my face, getting to work. I take the instruments, putting them in their rightful places, hanging them on their holders. I take the keyboard into the side room, putting it on it's stand. Now for all the papers.
I don't snoop, but I try to keep everything as together as I can depending on where it was sprawled across the room. I take some of the blankets and fold them, stacking them on the other side of the sectional that he isn't on. There's still stacks of paper on the kitchen table, but I leave them there, knowing he doesn't want me looking at them. I snoop in his kitchen closets though, and I find a broom, taking it out, and sweeping the dust, and dirt from the floor around the kitchen, and living room. I take the trash from the can, walking it outside and throwing it in the big can, then coming back into the house, and putting a new bag in the can. I reach under the cabinet, and grab disinfecting wipes, wiping the countertops down, and then taking the window cleaner next, and moving towards the large sliding doors in the living room that leads to the balcony. I start wiping them down, and when I turn back around I jump out of my skin.
"Are you cleaning my house?" He asks, and I look around the living room along with him.
"I can't stand the mess, and you were living in one, so yes... I couldn't help myself." I joke, and he smiles as he looks around.
"How long have you been up?" He asks, and I shrug.
"What time is it?" I ask, and he reaches for his phone.
"Eleven." He tells me, and shakes his head. "I never sleep this late." He tells me as if I don't know that but of course I do.
"I think I woke up a little before ten... When I saw your house in the daylight it horrified me, I couldn't stand it anymore." I tell him, and he laughs.
"Thank you, but you didn't have to." He tells me, and stands up.
"I know I didn't, but I wanted to... Do you remember falling asleep last night?" I ask, and he shakes his head.
"I don't but I remember most everything else." He doesn't have much emotion in his voice at all.
"I didn't mean to sleep here, I'm sorry about that, I should have gone home." I tell him, and sit back down on his couch.
"Don't apologize, we're doing what feels right... Remember?" He asks, and I shake my head.
"You're doing what feels right to you, I'm just coming along for the ride, doing what you want." I tell him, and he shakes his head.
"That's not true." He argues back.
"It is true... I don't call the shots anymore, I'm not making decisions on if we're together or not, my heart is on the line, I'm an open book... it's up to you and I've made that very clear, if not before at least I have now." I argue back, and hear how pointed my tone actually is.
"Why are you getting upset? El, where is this coming from... what happened?" He asks, standing up.
"Nothing... I just, I shouldn't have stayed here last night I'm sorry... Nothing is wrong, I'm just... Nothing." I feel flustered, knowing this is going to turn into something bad if I don't shut it down now.
"El..." He practically pleads with his voice, and I walk out of the living room.
"Everything is fine... I need to get back to the showroom, and work on things, I'll see you later." I mumble quickly, and he lets me leave as I grab my purse, and my keys, walking straight out the door, and into my car, driving away before I convince myself not to. I don't know why I panicked, but I didn't want to say anything I would regret. Being around him isn't the same anymore, it feels so foreign to me because I'm open now, and it seems like he's the one that wants to be closed off, he's the one that wants to play it safe with the two of us.