At Shergill mansion, shocking truth?

After dinner, Mahima called everyone to gather in the living room. Everyone came and sat. Shikhar was going to sit next to Mahima but she told him to sit opposite her and he agreed and sat next to Rakshit. (So this meant that Rakshit and Shikhar were both facing Mahima).

Mahima: "everyone I have a confession and a request to make. I wanted to wait for your father (Chetan), but he got stuck in London due to an important business meeting but as soon as he is finished, he will come home immediately. We have already discussed about the matter."

After hearing her speak, everyone except Rakshit and Shikhar had a smile on their faces which can be interpreted as either happy or sad based on how you interpret it. While the brothers were looking very worried.

Rakshit: "is everything ok, mom? You even called me early to discuss something."

Mahima: "Everything is not ok, but you can make it better."

Shikhar: "what is it mom?"

Mahima: "I am going to reveal something to you two which has been hidden for several years now. Only your dad, aunts and I know the secret."

Shikhar: "a secret?" (Looking shocked and confused)

Ash: "yes, now stop interpreting and let your mother speak."

Mahima: "you both were only 8 and 7 years old when this happened. Your father had worked extremely hard and was finally able to buy a car. He wanted to drive me around in the car so we decided to leave you two with you aunts and went for a drive. While driving, your father found out that the car's brake was not working and he was not able to stop the car. We were at a speed that we if we tried to get out of the car, we will surely die."

Everyone had tears in their eyes. Everyone except the aunts didn't know what had actually happened.

Mahima: "there was a car coming ahead of us which had a couple and their daughter. Because our car was not stopping, we collided with theirs. Both cars had severe damage. Our car stopped when it hit a tree, but their car (before she complete the sentence, she paused and tears were rolling down from her eyes), was still flipping over and when it finally stopped, things were bad. Your father and I somehow managed to get out of the car to help them. When we reached the car the car was flipped over and the man was holding his daughter in his arms to shield her from the crash which worked because she only had minor scratches. But the couples condition was really critical."

Let's look into the conversation the two families had after the car crash:

Mahima started the conversation with tears in her eyes, while Chetan and Mahima were tying to help them out. They successfully got the girl out of the car but she was crying and at a shock state and Mahima tried to calm her down but failed.

Mahima: "oh my god, she doesn't have any pulse (referring to the woman inside the car). She's dead 😭😭."

Chetan: "we...I am very sorry. My brake fail and I couldn't control the car. I didn't mean... I am sorry. I don't know but..."

While they were trying to get the man out of the car, they realized that they didn't have much time left because there were oil leaking everywhere and at any moment, the car could blast.

The man: "my wife is no more and even if I were to get out of this car, I will not be able to get back to my daily routine (the glass pieces from the window were stock in his legs). Please I only have one request. Please just do this for me and I won't have any regrets left. I know it wasn't your fault (while looking at his wife and then his daughter, trying to compose himself), please just do me a favor."

Meanwhile at Drishti's house....

Thank you for reading - K