Dadi's decision

After hearing Mahima's request, Dadi was speechless, she didn't know what to say. It took her few minutes to process these thoughts.

Mahima: it's not just able redeeming myself but I know Divya and Drishti are perfect for my sons. I have enquired about them and I am positive that they are the the perfect bahus any mother-in-law can imagine. They both are hardworking, well-mannered, independent and  are dedicated to what they are passionate about. I couldn't wish for more.

After hearing Mahima's reasons, Dadi thought it would be best to get her granddaughters married but she needed to speak to them. After all it was their lives.

Dadi: I do want my grandchildren to settle down and want to give them all the happiness in the world. I want them to have a family of their own too. Before I die, I want to see them happy after all that has happened.

Mahima: aunty, please do not think like that. You have to live on to see your great grandkids (she said it with a smile)

Dadi: that would be nice but I am too old now. I accept your proposal but I want the children to meet first and if this marriage is written in stars then no one can stop it. I only hope we are doing this for the best.

Mahima: of course. We all want what's best for the children and their happiness. So it's final then in two days, we will come to your house with my sons so that the four children could discuss it together.

Dadi: that's fine. I will speak to my granddaughters and I can only promise you that they will meet your sons but the marriage is up to them. Also for now, I hope we do not tell them about who's car caused their parents death, I have only told them how it happened.

Mahima: as you wish. Then we will take our leave and will see you in two days. Please take care of yourself. And here's my number, if you want to contact me about anything.

Mahima and the two chachis left. While Dadi was thinking about how to talk to the children, all three children came home. They went over to Dadi and greeted her. Divya and Romi went to their room, while Drishti stayed back.

Drishti: Dadi, are you ok? You seem to be thinking deep about something? Is everything alright?

Dadi: everything is going to be fine my child.

Drishti: what do you mean?

Dadi: go bring Divya over and I will tell you.

Drishti went to get Divya but she has already fallen asleep. She didn't want to disturb her sleep so she came back to Dadi and informed her.

Drishti: Dadi, divi is sleeping. What's the matter? Why don't you tell me first?

Dadi: listen child, I have had a visit from an old friend who wants her sons to get married to you both sisters.

Drishti: what???? Marriage now? No Dadi, it's not possible.

Dadi: why child? Do you already have someone you like?

Drishti: no Dadi....

Drishti in mind: how...how can that be? I don't have anyone but.... Trying to convince herself all the while at that very moment, she thought about Rakshit sir, but didn't know why? So she brushed it off claiming that "Drishti, he is your boss and it's not right to think like that."

Dadi: child, are you ok? What are you thinking about? Do you actually have someone you like?

Drishti: no Dadi, I don't have anyone.

Dadi: then I take it that you agree to at least meet him. And please convince your sister too after all she listens more to you than me.

Drishti: ok Dadi (and went to her room which she shared with Divya)

Drishti couldn't sleep all night. The thoughts about marriage as well as her completely puzzled feelings for Rakshit sir took over her mind. She didn't even know how to convince Divya about this.

Precap: Drishti talks with Divya and Rakshit angry.

Thank you for reading - K