Shopping Companion

A satisfied, content sigh escapes my lungs as I exit the bathtub, feeling very refreshed. Charlie had provided all the necessities to clean my body and hair from the grit, sweat, and dirt that I had obtained during those awful months in the forest.

I'm surprised it all stuck with me upon entering Hell.

Drying myself off, I cast a disdained look at the worn, gross patch of cloth I call clothes. They're filthy. Am I really going to have to wear them??

I'm about to let out a sigh of annoyance, but then my eyes catch something lumpy by the sink. Walking closer, I realize that the lump contains a fresh pair of clothes. It even contains a pair of underwear and a bra. Cocking my brow and smiling, I hold up the clothes, analyzing them curiously.

These must be Nifty's work...

The top is a rather large, baggy grey sweatshirt. The bottom is sky-blue, though, little flecks trailing upwards as the color melts into the grey. Two white stripes each are sewn into the sleeves. Nifty also made me a laced black/grey bra plus black underwear, and a pair of black jeans, which open slightly at the bottom. When I try them on, they fit perfectly, look nice, and feel really comfortable.

I let out a breath, scanning myself in the mirror. Wow, Nifty, you really outdid yourself. That was FAST.

Or maybe she always does things like this.

Shrugging away this thought, I bundle up my old clothes in the towel I used and head outside the white designed bathroom. Shaking my hair out slightly, I close the door, turn around, and stiffen as my eyes land on someone familiar.

A specific idiotic demon. Ah. Well, he couldn't keep away forever, could he?

I stare coldly at Elraz as his eyes flick in my direction from his spot on his bed. He visibly grimaces, one hand holding his phone.

We seem to be having a mini staring competition.

Slowly, I tear my eyes away from his sharp yellow ones, and drop my old clothes in a hamper lying by the bathroom door. The air instantly becomes tense as I shove my hands in my pockets, raising an eyebrow at him.

Elraz raises both. "What", he growls flatly, looking slightly uncomfortable as he shifts around.

"You know what", I confront instantly, my hands curling into fists, though invisible to the demon across from me. "You fucking tried to kill me by being a careless bastard!"

He snorts, though it's more like a sneer. His yellow eyes trail back to his phone. "Like Hell I did. Why would I want to start bullshit with you?"

"Oh, I don't know! Rack your brains, Elraz, that'll only take a few seconds", I say sarcastically, anger vibrating in my voice as I take a step towards him, flinging out my hands to express my emotions. "The spiked just dropped out of nowhere, didn't it?? And it accidentally almost killed me? I would've died if Alastor hadn't pushed me out of the fucking way!!"

Elraz snaps his head up, ears pinned back. "Since when did ya call him by his name?"

"Not the point, Elraz!" I growl in warning, narrowing my eyes. "Did you try to kill me, or was it a fucking accident-"

At this, the demon throws his head back, barking a laugh. "The fuck you think you are?!" He snaps, his mouth curling into a sneer. He glares at me in contempt. "Goin' around, accusing me like I did something wrong-"

"You did!" I burst defensively. "What else was I supposed to assume??"

Elraz casts his eyes and head around, looking for something to let his fury out on. I myself am not doing to well either with controlling my emotions. My hands are shaking. I can feel my face burning. His silence is as good as any answer I'll ever get out of him. After a moment of glaring at him, I let out a breath, shaking my head slowly. He's an ass-addicted, snotty, evil, careless little bastard.