Chapter 12

Bonnie sighed in content as she laid asleep on her bed. She rolled over gasping as she fell on the ground, immediately waking up.

"Ow." She moaned rubbing her side.

This was not how she expected to wake up after last night. She groaned laying her head on the wooden floor as her mind reminded her of yesterday's events.

She made out with Lorenzo and she liked-no scratch that, she loved it.

She turned onto her back and sighed. Suddenly a bone breaking pain struck her abdomen and she curled into a ball.

She laid there waiting for the pain to subside but it didn't.

So, she did what any other human being would do, she crawled to the bathroom, pulled her pants down and sat on the toilet.

I hope it's not what I think it is.

If it was what she thought it was, she was not about to waltz downstairs with a red stain on her pants. So she yelled for the one person who could help her.

"Grace!" She yelled. She yelled for at least 2 minutes before Grace hurriedly opened Bonnie's bedroom door. She saw a blood stain on the white sheets and immediately panicked, hurrying to the bathroom. She found Bonnie on the toilet, clutching her stomach.

"Oh dear. What's going on?" Grace asked her voice has weakened and Bonnie could hear it.

"Grace, I know you're supposed to be resting. I'm sorry I disturbed you. Umm, but, I think I'm on my period." Bonnie's cheeks reddened.

Grace sighed in relief. "I thought you got shot or something."

***
Lorenzo sighed as he looked at the X-rays.

"And how long did you say she has?" He asked.

Doctor McCoy licked his lips, "A few weeks, maybe longer. She'd be better if she came here and I gave her chemo therapy but that also doesn't mean it'll help her beat this. The cancer has spread way too much. You see here-" he pointed at the X-ray, "multiple tumours have started to grow in parts of her brain. We can operate on her to remove some of them." Lorenzo nodded.

Doctor McCoy has been the private doctor for the family for a long time.

Since Lorenzo and his men were wanted all over the country, they couldn't go to the hospital when they were injured from getting shot when they were out and about on their criminal activities. So they hired their own doctor.

"Thank you, doctor." Lorenzo said, nodding. Walking out Doctor McCoy's office which was located in the basement of his house, he passed Bonnie's bedroom, his eyes catching Bonnie and Grace siting on her bed, chatting and laughing. Bonnie immediately stopped talking, her cheeks burning up. "Lorenzo."

Lorenzo smiled rolling his eyes. "How do you always know it's me?" He asked walking in the room pulling a chair from the corner of the room and sat down.

Bonnie just shook her head, lowering her head. Embarrassed to admit that she has memorised his scent. Cigarettes, that she still wants to know the name of and cologne with a hint of mint on his breath.

Lorenzo's striking blue eyes switched to Grace. "How are you?" He asked. Grace nodded, "I'm alright, just a little tired." She said.

"You should be in bed." He said. Grace rolled her eyes.

"I do not think so. I will do what I please." She said, turning her head to Bonnie whose head was still down as if she was ashamed of something.

"Are you alright?" Grace asked, lifting Bonnie's head up.