Chapter 27

It was the day, the day that they were finally gonna get rid of Lorenzo.

He was tied to a bed tightly so he wouldn't escape. Of course the government thought he didn't know what his fate was but unfortunately for them he knew. And he had the perfect plan to escape.

"It's game over for you, Romano." A police officer spat.

Lorenzo only smiled, "Just tell your wife I'll miss her pretty little lips around my dick."

The police officer smirked, "I don't have a wife, you jackass."

"Oh right, it was your mom." Lorenzo said, laughing out loud.

The police officer growled. "Give me the injection now!" He yelled at the police officer, not noticing that it's Angelo.

Angelo was wearing his disguise. Glasses and a fake moustache.

Angelo handed the injection to the police officer and nodded towards Lorenzo, reassuring him that it won't kill him.

The police officer smirked as he sunk the needle into Lorenzo's neck, letting, what he thought, the poisonous liquid run through his veins. "Done." He said, smirking.

Lorenzo felt the effect from the drug consume him, and he fell unconscious, his pulse was so weak that even a doctor would believe he's dead.

"Time of death: 12:18." The police officer smirked.

"I will take care of his body." Angelo said. The police officer glanced at him, "Good." He muttered before walking out. Angelo grabbed his phone, dialing Dr. Ross' number. "I'm here with the antidote." Dr Ross immediately said when he answered the phone.

"Alright, meet you at front." Angelo said before hanging up. He went to Lorenzo's side, untying him, picking him up and walking out the white room.

When he was outside, he spotted Dr Ross' car and ran to it.

He opened the door and placed Lorenzo inside before climbing inside. Dr Ross immediately sped away handing Angelo the antidote.

Angelo thanked him, as he sunk the needle of the injection in Lorenzo's neck where his veins were visible. "How long till it works?" Angelo asked.

"A few hours. He'll be fine." Dr Ross said.

Angelo nodded as he looked at the Don. His eyes were shut, his lips parted.

He looked vulnerable and that's a side of him that Angelo has never seen.

Next stop: saving John.

•••
Angelo sighed as he gave a shot of the antidote to John.

They were now on their way to California to get Bonnie.

Lorenzo was getting better but John on the other hand was still out.
•••
Bonnie stirred before her silver eyes shot open but sadly was met with the familiar darkness.

She tried to sit up but the pain in her stomach pulled her down. Tears filled her eyes. What was she thinking? Why would she do that? All these questions were running through her head as guilt haunted her soul.

She touched her stomach and sighed in relief when she felt the familiar bump.

Her ears perked when she heard the beep of the machine. She then realized she's in the hospital which meant her mother might know where she is.

She jumped when the door opened. "Bonnie?"

"Mom?" Bonnie felt her mother's arms wrap around her tightly.

She hugged back and muffled a sob.

"Oh sweetheart." Aretha cooed as she ran her hands through Bonnie's curly hair.

"I'm so sorry, mom. I'm so sorry." Bonnie cried.

Aretha pulled away and cupped her face in her hands, "it's okay, sweetheart. We'll get through this, okay."

"M-mom, I'm pregnant." Bonnie whispered.

"I know, I know. We'll be okay. I promise."

That's how Bonnie thought her mother would react but she felt her mother standing at the door. She could feel her anger.

"How could you, Bonnie?" Her mother asked in a sad, yet angry tone.

"M-mo-."

"Don't. Just don't. I've been worried sick at home while you are out there canoodling with your...your kidnapper! You got yourself pregnant then tried to kill yourself and the babies. What have you become? What happened to my sweet little girl. It's like I don't even know you anymore!" Aretha yelled as she glared at Bonnie.

Bonnie shook her head. "M-mom...I-I'm sorry." She whimpered.

"Sorry? You're sorry. You are pregnant with triplets and all you can say is you're sorry? How do you expect to take care of those children, huh? You're blind! And you can't get a job which means I'm supposed to get a third job to keep you and your three children fed!" Aretha screamed.

Bonnie's body shook as she sobbed. "I-," her mother cut her off.

"Save it. I don't want to hear it. I'm gonna go get the doctor and tell him you're awake." Aretha said as she slammed the door after she walked out.

Bonnie's hand rubbed her stomach as she cried.

Lorenzo left her with such a big burden.

She laid down and sobbed.

How am I going to do this?