Chapter 18

Lorenzo sat in his office. It was the next day.

He was waiting for John to bring him the self-phone he told him to buy.

John, entered the office without knocking before placing the phone on the table, "There you go." Lorenzo nodded.

"Go get Bonnie." He mumbled. John nodded and walked out. He found Bonnie in Grace's room. They were chatting softly. Grace was laid on her bed with a purple blanket wrapped around her body, an IV stuck to her arm as it gave her the vitamins she needed in her body.

She looked a bit weaker than she did before.

"Bonnie, Lorenzo wants to see you." John said interrupting the two ladies. Bonnie nodded. "Grace I'll be right back." Bonnie muttered reaching her hand out for John to help her.

When they entered the office, John helped Bonnie to sit on the chair before walking out.

It was her first time here. The atmosphere in the room felt plain and...dull.

"I got your mother's number here. Now I need you to understand that you cannot on any terms tell her where we are. You only have 1 minute. This is the first and last time I'm doing this so make it count." Bonnie licked her lips, hesitantly nodding.

"Good." Lorenzo mumbled before taking the phone and placing it on the table, setting the phone on loud speaker. He was now sitting on the chair next to Bonnie, listening to the conversation.

Bonnie's heart sped up as she heard the ringing.

"Hello." Aretha answered.

"M-mom. It's me, Bonnie."

Aretha gasped. "Bonnie! You're okay. Where-how- Just forget it. Tell me where you are, so I can come fetch you."

Bonnie gulped the lump that was growing in her throat.

"I'm-Mom-"

"Bonnie, baby, please tell me where you are, please. Did they hurt you?"

"No."

Aretha sighed in relief. "I'm coming with cops, okay? You're gonna be safe-"

"Mom!" Bonnie exclaimed.

A lot was going through her mind. Should she risk her life and tell her mother where she is? Then there's Lorenzo, he'll be all alone. The man she loves.

"Bonnie?"

"Mom, y-you can't come." Lorenzo's heart settled and he released a breath he didn't know he was holding. "You can't come here. J-just know I'm fine and-and...You can't call this number again. This-"

"Bonnie, what is the meaning of this?"

"This is our last time talking. You can never call again. I-I'm so sorry I caused you so much pain, mom. Just know I love you and-and I'll never forget you." Bonnie took the phone and handed it to Lorenzo.

"Hang up." She mumbled.

Lorenzo took the phone and hung up before placing it on the desk. Bonnie wiped her tears. "You could've easily told her to come get you and-" Lorenzo tried to say but got cut off.

"I'm in love with you, Lorenzo!" Bonnie cried. Lorenzo's breath hitched. "That's why I did tha-"

She got cut off by Lorenzo's soft plumb lips. Her tears, rolled down her cheeks as her arms wrapped around his waist as his hands were plumbing her tear stained cheeks. Lorenzo's tongue entered her mouth, massaging her tongue. She moaned softly, her hands tugging the suit jacket off Lorenzo's muscular body.