Chapter 14

Bonnie laid next to Grace on Grace's bed.

They were giggling softly as Grace spilled the beans about the fun times she used to have with Lorenzo.

"...he literally shot the poor spider." Grace finished telling the story.

Bonnie shook her head, "I would've never thought the big bad Lorenzo was scared of spiders." She giggled

They stayed silent for a while before Bonnie spoke up, "Grace, have you ever been in love?" She asked. Grace smiled, "Child, I am almost 70. Don't you think I've seen a lot more in life then I should?" Bonnie shrugged.

"Would you mind telling me about him...or her? I mean, I don't judge." She blushed.

Grace laughed, "Oh no, honey. Believe me, he was man. A very charming man but he died." Grace sadly muttered. Bonnie's eyebrows furrowed, "I'm sorry for your loss."

Grace only shook her head. "It was long ago."

"Did you guys-did you get married?" Bonnie asked. "No, he was killed before we could take our relationship further. I also didn't have much time since I was taking care of Lorenzo and cleaning the gigantic house Lorenzo and his family lived in."

"How did he get killed?" Bonnie asked.

"He worked for Lorenzo's father so you can only imagine how it got to the point where he got killed." Bonnie nodded, understanding.

"What was he like? How did you guys meet?"

Grace lowered her head, smiling. "Mike was his name. We met on my first day on the job. I spilled some wine on him when I was on my way to give it to Lorenzo's father. He was actually nice about it and from that moment on we became friends. Then more than friends. It was fun sneaking around. It made me feel alive. We talked about the future and having kids. It was amazing. Then one night some of Alessandro's (Lorenzo's father) enemies broke into the house attempting to kill him but Mike fought for him, defending him and he ended up getting killed." Grace sighed remembering that night.

How she ran to Mike as he laid on the floor, covered in his blood. She remembers trying to stop him from bleeding but it was too late, he was already gone.

Grace gasp in surprise when Bonnie's arms wrapped around her. She smiled and hugged her back.

Bonnie sighed and pulled away.

"Thank you sweetheart. It brings me great joy that Lorenzo found someone like you." Grace whispered.

Bonnie blushed, her mind flouting back to his morning.

His private part touched my private part! And it felt amazing.

She thought.

"Grace, I've just realized something. You haven't gone to the doctor. You should be getting...umm, what's it called again?" She snapped her fingers, trying to remember.

"Chemo therapy?" Grace asked.

Bonnie nodded.

"Oh no sweetie, I've lived a long life. I don't want to go through the surgeries and whatever these doctors do these days. I just want to enjoy the rest of life, not worrying about my health. At least when I die, I'll be with Mike." Bonnie's eyes teared up as she hugged Grace tightly.

"Oh Grace!" She cried.

"I know we haven't known each other that long but...I love you."

Grace smiled, "I love you too."

Lorenzo smiled as he stood outside Grace's door.

"And I love you too, tesoro."