Chapter 24

Lorenzo's eyes fluttered as he tried to open them. He was heavily drugged and his body was weak. What were these people doing to him?

His eyes finally opened and he stared at the blank white ceiling.

He was still tied to this god forsaken bed, so it was no help trying to escape.

"Oh Good, you're awake." Lorenzo's head turned and he saw a woman. Her brunette hair was tied in a tight ponytail, her face had light makeup on, her lips were thin and pink, shining from the lip gloss she has put on them. Her dark eyes had big glasses over them and she was wearing a white lab coat.

"Where am I?" Lorenzo asked tugging the chains that were holding him hostage.

"You're in the Pilgrim Psychiatric Centre. It's alright, you're safe here. I'm Dr. Carter but you can call me Anna if it'll make you feel better. I'll be psychiatrist." Anna said with a soft voice.

"What the fuck do I need a psychiatrist for? I'm not fucking crazy." Lorenzo hissed, groaning as the chains scraped his now pale skin.

"Of course you're not. The government just thought it'll be better if you had someone to talk to." Anna said as she tried to reach out for his hand but he jerked it away. "Don't fucking touch me! I don't need anyone to talk to. Just get me out of these chains so I can go see my girlfriend. Now!" Lorenzo shouted.

"I'm sorry, sir but that's not possible. This is your new home now." Anna smiled.

Lorenzo growled as he tugged the chains further., "Listen here, you psychotic bitch, you're going to untie me now and let me go or I'll kill you and your pathetic family." He hissed. The chains on his right hand broke and he immediately grabbed Anna by the neck.

Anna used her hands to try and pry of his hand but he was too strong. "P-please." Anna whimpered.

She had no choice but to press the red button next to Lorenzo's bed and almost immediately, did two policemen walked in and pried her out of Lorenzo's tight grip.

The same doctor from last night came in with the same injection, this time sticking it into Lorenzo's arm as the policemen held him down.

Lorenzo struggled and kicked and tried to scream for help

And just like that, Lorenzo was out again.

***
Bonnie laid in the small bed, tears running down her cheeks.

What was she going to do with three children? She can't get a job because of her disability and she was too afraid to go back home to her mother. And she definitely cannot depend on these two strangers.

All she can think about is:

What if I gave them up for adoption?

She felt betrayed. Lorenzo promised she would come back for her but he didn't. She was worried about him.

Had he been killed? Is he getting tortured? Oh god!

The man she loves could be in pain, she couldn't handle the thought.

A soft knock interrupted her thoughts and she quickly wiped her tears. "Hey." Suzan said softly as she closed the door behind her. "You okay?"

Bonnie sat up, "Y-yeah. Just thinking." She shrugged.

"Mind telling me what's got you so down? It's not healthy for you to keep everything bottled." Suzan said as she sat down on the bed.

Bonnie sighed as she rubbed her eyes.

"I...uhh-" she chuckled, running her hand through her curly hair.

Suzan tilted her head.

"I fell in love with my kidnapper." Bonnie said shrugging.

Suzan's eyes widened.

"Yeah, and he's the father of my triplets."

Suzan shook her head as she tried to process the words that fell from Bonnie's lips. "I-wha-how-this is craz-really?" She stumbled over her words. Bonnie nodded.

And for an hour they sat there as Bonnie told her everything, from the night of her birthday until now.

"And after all that, I still miss him. He is all I have, I can't live without him."

"I wouldn't blame you though, he sounds like such a charmer." Suzan said as she tried to lighten the mood.

Bonnie faintly smiled, "I have no purpose in life, Suzan. You don't know how much I'd love to live the life your living, you know? Having a husband who loves me, who comforts me. My only reason for living right now is Lorenzo and if he doesn't come back, i don't know what I'm gonna do. I'll be all alone with triplets."

Suzan shook her. "That's no way to talk, Bonnie. My life is nowhere near perfect but God is always with me. What you have to do is stand up and make something of that life. It doesn't matter if your parents were abusive or you lived on the streets, you're the one who makes the choice of living that way forever or standing up and making something out that life. And there can only be one person on your side. God." Suzan said as she rubbed Bonnie's hand.

Bonnie breathed out heavily, nodding.

Suzan pulled her into a hug and she hesitantly hugged back. "Well, I better go. Blake is going down to church and I have to go pack him his lunch box." Bonnie nodded as they pulled away.

She laid back on the bed after Suzan had walked out.

Sigh