11: Turn back

(I had to change all the ages because I just realised they don't really work with the backstory, if you don't want to go back to the info page here are all the ages:                                                                                                    Taehyung: 23      Jungkook & Jimin: 24        Hoseok & Namjoon: 25        Yoongi: 26     Jin: 27     Jennie & Jisoo: 23   Rose & Lisa:  24   Jaeho is still 4 and Hyojin is still 6      Mina: 22   okay so I've had to do it twice because they ages keep not working with the story line oops i'm a dumbass but it's ok, I got it sorted )

Taehyung sighs as he sits on one of the sofa's, Jaeho between his legs and a cup of coffee in his hands. Everyone is around them aside from Jennie who is now stuck outside watching the kids. Taehyung starts with only a few stray tears leaving his eyes, 'I met Min-suk when I was in University, my second year, he was so sweet and nice and he treated me like a prince. Of course when he asked me out I said yes. It was three years later and I was working at my dream job as an art teacher at the university I studied at. Min-suk had said it was time to take the next step in our relationship, I thought he meant getting married. I wanted to marry him but whenever I brought it up he would say he didn't believe in marriage and that a piece of paper shouldn't define out love. Occasionally I would fight back and disagree but...' Taehyung pauses and looks down. 'He would slap me, as soon as he had he would apologise and run me a bath with candles and bubbles, cook for me and all that as a way of apologising. I know as soon as he had done it a second time I should have left him but I couldn't, I loved him.' Taehyung sips his coffee. 

'When he said the next step he meant a child, Jaeho. I agreed thinking it would bring us closer and create a feeling of marriage. Plus having a child meant we were family, I always wanted a family. I don't blame Jaeho, nor do I regret adopting him because he is the reason I still smile and why i'm still here today, pushing on. It was okay for  while but suddenly when I thought everything was ok it all went down hill. Min-suk worked as a secretary for a company as a way to learn and build his own, clearly he succeeded and has his own, but he got fired. It broke him and he was angry, at the company and me because unlike him I worked my dream job. I kept trying to convince him that he would too live his dream soon he just needed to be patient but then I would wind up with a bruise or two. He even hit Jaeho, not as much as me because I protected him but he tried. I had to get out of there, my dream didn't matter anymore. I only cared for Jaeho's safety and mine.' Taehyung took a deep breath.

'When I was 24 I ran away, packed all my stuff and Jaeho's and left. I was originally at Deagu then I moved to  Seoul but not here, near the outskirts thinking he wouldn't find me. He did though, Three months later he knocked on the door and I locked him out. That didn't stop him though, he broke down the door and took Jaeho saying he would only give him back to me if I went back to him. I wasn't going to play his sick games and the police got involved. Jaeho was only with him for two days and thank god he came back without a scratch but I never forgave myself. I had to move again and that's how I ended up here.' Jungkook spoke up out of the blue, 'Why don't you get a restraining order?'  Taehyung bitterly laughed 'You think I didn't, I got one the first time I left him. I guess I have to move again now, huh.' Taehyung looked down and whipped the tears from his eyes. 'Should we just go to the US, Jaeho?' Taehyung asked and let out a sad laugh. 

All the boys were shocked and silent, 'Y-You can't leave?!' Jimin shouts. 'I don't have a choice, Jimin.' Taehyung bites back. 'You can stay we'll protect you.' Namjoon tries. 'By now he knows where I live and I can not and will not put Jaeho in danger like that ever again.' Taehyung argues. 'Why don't you come live with me?' Yoongi offers. Taehyung pauses, thinking, then starts again 'Yoongi, all my stuff is in that apartment. I can't move in with you, not with all my stuff and memories, I can't afford to keep it either.' Everyone is quiet and thinking, 'H-Hey, what if we each take turns to stay with you? At your house and we can you know take turns. To protect you and Jaeho.' 

Taehyung laughs 'You have to be kidding, really? That's unbelievable, you guys can't do that. That's just insane, that's like dropping everything for me and you guys can't do that.' Everyone looks downcast, upset. 'Guys, I-I have to go.' Taehyung says 'Jaeho and I, we have to leave, I'm sorry.' Everyone is tearing up, this is not ok, this isn't were it's meant to go, this shouldn't be happening. 'Daddy, no.' Jaeho says as he pulls at Taehyung's jumper. 'Taehyung wips the tears from his cheeks, 'Jaeho i'm sorry, we have to. It's not safe for you or me. I don't want you to go through that again, never again. Please baby please.' Taehyung says holding the poor boy tight. 

'Where will you go?' Jin says once it gotten quiet. 'The US seems like a safe option.' Taehyung mumbles quietly into Jaeho's hair, if it wasn't already so quiet no one would of heard it. 'No...' Jungkook quietly mumbles, a sad expression on his face. 'Y-you can't leave us.' Hoseok says. 

'You can't leave, not before I take you on a date.' Jungkook says and Taehyung laughs as more tears fall.

It wasn't a happy day, Taehyung and Jaeho packed up and left. The last thing Taehyung said was 'I promise you guys, we'll be back. I will see you guys again.' Once a year passed and Taehyung didn't even visit they lost the hope they once had, even Hyojin of seeing his best friend. The 6 of them loved Taehyung, nothing would change that. Nothing could stop it either, no matter how hard they tried to move on.

20.12.19 

( So what was your reaction to this chapter? It's not the last chapter I promise there is more. Did you like it? Was it good? I'm not the best at writing angst but I try)