12: coming back hurts

The kids were informed there would be another new art teacher, it's been two years since Taehyung left and every art teacher the head hired they drove out. Everyone lost hope of Taehyung coming back a year ago but the kids still keep hope deep within them. Taehyung left them a promise too and he pinky swore, no one goes back on a pinky promise. Before he left Taehyung said 'I'll come back you guys, even if it's the last thing I do. It may take a while but i'll see you all again one way or another.' 

The kids did their usual, making a sign saying 'welcome', it was poorly made unlike the ones they made before Taehyung. They stood in a cluster outside the door, the headmaster knocked on the door a huge smile on his face that sightly scared the kids. Two of the six teachers were stood there the other two stayed in their classrooms and the other two weren't in the school at the moment. 

The door creaked open a little and everyone took a deep breath in ready to cheer 'Welcome!' What they weren't ready for was a tall young boy to come running out instead, laughing and smiling looking no older than 6. 

It was silent and everyone was confused, the boy said nothing as he smiled at the door. The young boy then laughed and peaked his head through the door saying something intelligible along the lines of 'Come on out, you have to eventually.' then there was a pause and the boy replied 'No, two.' A loud sigh was heard and the boys head reappeared.   

Loud footsteps were heard and everyone held there breath waiting to see the new teacher. The two teachers turned and started talking to the principal about this person and how the kids are going to treat them.The door opened but the two were too busy to see the new art teachers face as the kids erupted into screams and tackled the art teacher, swarming them and hiding their face. 

The teachers sighed and the head laughed, the two adults were confused thinking the kids were doing a silly prank. Maybe the head had gone insane? 'Sir, why are you laughing? This one is probably going to quit now because of how the kids are behaving.' The headmaster just laughed and said 'This one wont quit any time soon.' confusing the other two even more. 

'Namjoon, Jimin, I need you two to calm down and trust me, ok? You two'll see why in a second or two.' Jimin and Namjoon sighed and nodded deciding that just trusting the head would be easier than worrying or being confused. 

The teacher finally stood up, children clinging to the man that emerged from the pile of kids. He kept his head down as he patted off his bottoms from invisible dust. The kids all got off and ran off to stand by the teachers and scream 'Welcome.' 

In that moment the teacher looked up. There was no misplacing where they remember this face from, even two years can't change much. Tears brimmed in three eyes and the teacher was once again tackled but this time by a short adult. 

Jimin leapt into Taehyung's arms, the man may have died his air red but even that can't hide much. Namjoon soon joined the hug and the three cried together. Jimin even punched Taehyung in the arm but the three just laughed 'Asshole, I thought you were never coming back.' Jimin said Taehyung hugged the two tighter, giving each a sweet kiss on the cheek, 'Dummies, I made a promise, didn't I?'

Namjoon lent his forehead against the side of Taehyung's and said 'You finally came back to us, to me.' and Taehyung leaned on him in reply and whispered, 'That I did, here I am.'  

Jaeho joined in the hug too.

28.12.19

(It was so hard writing this chapter because I couldn't focus, first I was watching Steven universe then my friend texted me on Instagram and I was like 'Oh i'll just quickly reply to that then get back to writing.' next thing you know I'm scrolling through ateez's Instagram being blessed because of how gorgeous these god damn boys are.)