~5~

Happy reading enjoy!

Edited April 2023

 🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

August (One week till school)

I was walking over to my grandma's mansion. 

She calls it a "small house" but I think ten rooms and six bathrooms, a guest house, at least five acres of land, a large swimming pool and a terrace with an entire dining set outside with a second connected terrace a small house is hardly a small house and more of a mansion. 

I love my nana, but this entire summer my parents have been pressing at me for god knows whatever reason. I think it was because Dad made me promise to show his friend's son around town when he arrived. The only way I got out of it was by making plans with my friends and going on dates with... him. 

I'm not getting into that. 

I also spent extra time with Ms. Diaz, just in case. And going to the ice skating rink just to cool down from the heat. 

But thank heaven, it was a breath of air when they had to go to New York for their private vacation. So I had been staying with Nana, and Blaine too. But sadly bliss ends when Mom and Dad come home tonight and we are expected to have dinner with his friend and family.  

Taking out my keys I unlocked the front door but Nana's housemaid beat me to it. 

"Oh Adeline, dear," she said greeting me. 

"Hi, Martha," I replied and she let me step inside. 

"Oh, it's her!" I heard Grandma say from the living room. 

"Nana has a guest?" I asked Martha and she smiled. 

"Came just about thirty minutes ago," Martha told me. "Your parents are here too."

"What?"

No, they weren't supposed to be here for another four hours. I heard Nana walking over. She was wearing a lovely silk lavender blouse, white pants, and heels. Nana likes to say a woman is only as powerful and graceful as her clothes. She spoils me and Mom in shopping every chance she got. 

"Oh, sweetie I miss you."

"I told you I was going out with friends for breakfast this morning," I said hugging her back.

"Come in dear, I want you to meet some friends of mine." she drags me in and takes me inside.

"Ah, darling," Mom said walking over and hugging me too. 

"Robert, Diana, this is our daughter. Adeline," Dad said. 

"Oh, my dear it is so nice to meet you," Diana said walking over. "My, don't you look beautiful, just like your grandmother described you. It's finally about time we met."